Chapter 15

Grover POV

I sighed as I watched Percy walk out of school. I knew he was avoiding confrontation, but he had to talk about this sooner or later. I preferred sooner but the guy was just so closed off. He wouldn't answer my calls so there was really no point in calling him. I walked to my next class with juniper and looked at the number on my phone debating if I should call it.

I was about nine am over here so it would be somewhere around lunch time in London. I asked to go to bathroom and the teacher glared at me but let me go anyway. Once I was in a stall and made sure no one else was there I pressed on the number that I only had for about a month. I hoped he wasn't at some kind of meeting and that he would answer my call.

"Grover? Shouldn't you be in class right now?"

"Its kind of important. Are you busy?"

"No. I'm on a lunch break. What happened?" He asked obvious concern lacing his voice. I explained the situation with Percy this morning and that I thought he was hiding something.

"We can't force him to talk about it if he doesn't want to. We've already gone too far with what we've already done. Forcing him now would just be too much. My brother pulled some strings and faked a drug dealing business with the police in hopes of catching him in the act but he got away. He figured it out before we could catch him and we can't make an arrest without solid evidence. I'm sorry grover but I'm at a loss right now."

I understood what he was saying because I didn't know what to do either. We had run out of plans together rid of that monster.

"I have to go back to that meeting. How about you Apollo, Hades and I work something out once I get back?"

"OK. Sure. I have to get back to class anyway. Bye." I hang up the call and made my way back to class. The teacher glared at me but he wasn't even in the list of my problems right now.

Poseidon POV

My assistant dragged me to what would be my final meeting of the day which started immediately but honestly after that call from grover, I couldn't focus on work. I was too worked up about Percy. I still had a hard time believing it. My mind wondered to when I had found out.

Flashback
Pulling out from the parking space in the apartment building after dropping Percy off my plan was to go to the aquarium to finish a lot of work that was piling up when I spotted an old brown minivan parked at the corner of the parking lot. I knew the owner of that car. It was the same bastard that lived in my son's house. My Percy's house.

I felt smug knowing that the cops were working to catch him and it couldn't happen soon enough so I could finally get Percy out of that hell he was living in. I knew keeping something like this from Percy was absolutely terrible. He would hate me when he found out especially after how he told me about his feelings toward his biological father who he didn't even know was me.

That night when I found him mobbed in that alley, my anger had flared towards those men whom I later came to know were Gabe's men hired to kill him. It was by sheer luck that I had found him or else he would be who knows where.

Shaking out of my thoughts I saw movement at the bastards car. It couldn't be. Was he back already? I'll be damned if I let him go anywhere near Percy. Nothing but rage powering me I left my car and went toward the old van and stopped in my tracks at what I saw.

"I'm telling you juniper he's planning something."

"You're being paranoid grover. Can we just go home we'll figure this out later."

"No we can't. What if he comes  back? This could be our only chance to catch him."

I cleared my throat and their heads snapped at me surprised. I raised a questioning eyebrow at them but the one with the crutches just glared back at me. I wanted to ask them what they were doing at a parking g lot at this time of night but the little boy beat me to it.

"Your the one who's been hanging out with Percy after school! What are you planning to do with him?! If you hurt my best friend I swear I'm gonna kill you myself!" He accused me and I raised my hands in surrender.

"Calm down. I wouldn't do anything to hurt Percy. I care about him." I glared back. He didn't believe me and I couldn't blame him. If I was in his shoes, I wouldn't believe me.

"Your lying! Your one of Gabe's men aren't you. That asshole hired you to hurt Percy. You'll have to go through us before I let you get to my bestie."

"Us?"

"I told you kid I'm not gonna hurt him."

"Why should we believe you?"

"We?"

"Because I'm telling the truth?#

"Prove it!"

"How?"

"Grover."

"I don't know just prove it!"

"Grover!"

"What do you want me to tell you?"

"Grover!!"

"Something that will make me believe that your not trying to hurt Percy!"

"Grover!!!"

"And what would that be?!"

"Guys!!"

"How should I know?!"

"GUYS!!"

"WHAT!?!"

"Look!" She pointed to the opposite side where a black SUV was pulling over.

We his behind the van and watched as two men exited from the car and I caught a glimpse of a child no older than maybe eight years old curled in the back before the door closed. On of the men stayed at the car and the other went to the elevator leading to the apartments. A few minutes later he came back and whispered a few words to the other man. I only caught something along the lines of '...mother is home' and '...take him to base'.

I had absolutely no idea what that was about but it couldn't be anything good. I was about of say something when my phone rang and we all jumped startled by the sound. I pulled it out and looked answered seeing it was Apollo. Before I could say anything grover snatched the phone from my grasp and held it up to his ear. I tried to grab it back but he little girlfriend blocked me and I watched as Grover's eyes went wide. The words he said next assured me that I was in deep shit.

"Your Percy's father."