Progress

Claire had never been naïve. Being able to read people easily was never a challenge. She was always observant. Always watching faces and emotions passed between people. And above all, Castiel was still connected to her. So when he tumbled out of car and the soft sprinkle of rain dotted his trench coat, her blue eyes picked up on the pained expression on her angel dad's face. And she immediately turned to Dean, realizing that his cheeks were clearly flushed.

Which pretty much meant one thing.

They had finally gotten the guts to admit how in love they were with each other. About damn time too since the first time she saw them two of them together, the sparks flew everywhere. Even Sam knew. Jody might have been a little late to the party but she picked up on it after a while. But Alex never believed her when she mentioned it. Then again, Alex was as straight as an arrow and as naïve as ever.

But Claire was anything but straight. Straight was boring. It was so normal. And Claire wasn't normal. Especially not after Kaia. So when Castiel hugged her tightly, she felt how distressed he was and wanted to fix him. Not because he was broken but because no matter how much she tried to ignore him wearing her dad's face, she still loved him endlessly. And if Dean had hurt him in any way, Claire was going to tie him up and kick his ass.

"Evidently, it's just the seven of us, well including Donna," Jody glanced around nervously as if avoiding everyone's eyes. "She's somewhere. You boys hungry? Come on in."

"Mom's been spaced out lately," Alex explained to Sam as they all piled into the house. "In case you didn't know, she's been dating Donna."

"Wait...wow," Sam was impressed as his eyes rested on the glowing aura of Donna appearing to greet them all with hugs. "That's something, isn't it?"

"Claire's not taking it well because she keeps remembering Kaia and Donna is trying so hard to get through to her but she's not willing." Alex comfortably sat next to Sam on the couch as Dean came in awkwardly scratching the back of his neck with Cas in tow. "What's up with those two?" she followed his eyes and frowned. "The two of them had a fall out?"

"Well," Sam cleared his throat, "not exactly. You'll probably pick up on it sooner than expected."

"So Dean," Claire piped up, standing by the table with her hands folded, "how's life?"

Donna helped Jody set the food upon the table and both of them kept their eyes on everyone in the room. Especially Dean who was somehow quieter than usual and evidently troubled by something that was not easy to detect.

"Been good," he said to Claire, choosing a seat on a two cushioned chair. When Cas decided to sit next to him though, Dean's green eyes sparkled a little and it was just enough for Claire to decide what was actually happening. "How have you been?"

"Oh peachy," Claire slinked over like a cat, smirking. "You two planned the wedding yet?"

"Claire!" Jody scolded from the table, resting a stack of plates next to a bowl of steaming vegetables. "Go steady or else I'll really send you to your room."

"I'm just asking because Dean's been blushing since he came in and Cas looks like he is about to explode," she shrugged.

"That's just out of line, Claire," Donna commented.

"No, that's called being smitten with each other," Claire bravely stated. "Come on, are we really going to ignore this? The two of them have had the hots for each other for ages. It's about damn time they—"

"Claire Novak, get your behind over here and help Donna fix the table, or I'll be damned," Jody warned.

Sauntering over with a contented look upon her face, Claire grabbed the cutlery and began to lazily set the table.