Chapter 2

"He's time jumping the ship."

  "The ladies will be left in 1958!"

  "What about Ray?"

  "Like I said."

  "So, anyone want to tell me who the Hell this Chronos is?" I asked while looking around at the faces in the hall as it shook.

  "Let's go, we have to stop him!" The captain pretty much ignored my question. Perhaps the answer was too lengthy to explain in the current circumstances. "Gideon, open the doors on my mark. Get to the Jumpship and escape."

  "We are not abandoning you."

  "No, you are obeying a direct order from your captain."

  "Hey, are we forgetting about the meta-human in the midst?"

  "I don't know if you are aware of this or not, Logan, but Chronos has guns. You do not."

  "And his weaponry is far more advanced than anything you've seen before." Rip added.

  "If he's just human, his weaponry won't matter-"

  "Not to rain on your parade, but now really isn't the time to be cocky."

  "I'm not! Look, just trust me, I can-"

  "Gideon, now!" The doors to the bridge opened, and the two with guns rushed into the next room before the doors closed, and I huffed before turning to follow the other two men to the Jumpship. As I was going to catch up, however, I had to duck as a human fireball came flying down the hallway and broke through the doors behind me.

  "Holy shit, that's so cool!" I hurried to the bridge but paused upon arrival to see the Captain being helped to his feet.

  "Where's Chronos?"

  "He absconded with Mr. Snart on the Jumpship. I'm sorry, Captain."

  "Why would Chronos take Snart?"

  "Gideon, can you track them?"

  "We have a more pressing matter." The AI replied, and Rip rushed to the table display and his expression fell.

  "Strap yourselves in."

  "What's going on?!"

  "Chronos has sabotaged the navigation system." Rip tore off panels on the side of the control hub, pulling out glowing tubes and wires. "Unless we can find a way to alter the course, we'll be trapped in the Temporal Zone for all time." The Captain explained as we quickly sat down and pulled down the metal bars that kept us seated.

  "Gideon-"

  "Cannot override Chronos's commands."

  "What did you do?"

  "Rebooted Gideon. Until she's fully operational, we're free-falling through time." Rip rushed to his seat and strapped in, clinging to the curved bars with white knuckles. The ship began to rock and turn, rumbling with turbulence and barrel rolling.

  I was regretting letting Gideon get me onto the team. It hadn't even been 24 hours since joining, and I was already in trouble.

✧☾✧

  "Shiby-washo, sara-so-so...." Stein paused while making a face.

  "You are suffering from linguistic disorientation. It's a side effect of such a severe time jump." Rip hopped out of his seat.

  "I can't hear anything." The younger male yelled, and I pushed up the restraints on the seat I was in.

  "It'll pass."