Chapter 6

"Get out. I want to be alone."

  "I'm sorry about Snart. I tried to get him to leave, but he wouldn't listen to me or Sara." I sat down across from Rory at the long island counter.

  "You can pick him up like a baby."

  "You really think he wouldn't have frozen my ass if I even tried?" I stated, and Rory looked up at me while fiddling with something in his hands.

  "He planted that on me before it happened." Rory raised a thick, silver band in his hand. I easily recognized it as Snart's ring. "I killed Declan, Druce is dead. The Time Masters have nothing now that their ship was completely destroyed. Yet I still feel a need to kill someone for Snart." His voice quietly rumbled, and I grabbed a cupcake from a plate on the counter.

  "Well....Savage is still kickin' and has Kendra and Carter." I said while peeling the paper off of the cupcake. Kendra couldn't bring herself to kill Savage when she had the chance because of Carter, but if we played our cards right, we could finally get him.

  "He'll do nicely." Rory gave me a look.

  "Thought so." Dropping the paper onto the plate, I shifted in my seat. "There also shouldn't be any interruptions or obstacles this time, but if there are...."

  "Whatever it is will get dealt with."

  "Glad we're on the same page. Savage needs to go down. For good." I waved the cupcake at him before licking the icing off of the top. "Oh, that's good."

  "I actually had a bunch of them earlier." Rory said while leaning onto the counter.

  "I'm not shocked."

  "What's that supposed to mean?"

  "You're a big snacker, Rory. You even got angry at all of the sugar-free snacks of the future too." I chuckled and bit into the cupcake.

✧☾✧

  "What are we doing back here?" Rory questioned as we stepped off of the timeship.

  "Savage has a timeship, courtesy of the Time Masters. The timeline is unclear, due to our destruction of the Oculus, meaning Savage is lost to history. Which is why I brought you all home." Rip looked at all of us while shifting on his feet.

  "Mission's not over, man."

  "Jax is right. We've lost Savage before. We'll find him again."

  "And then what? We have no way of killing Savage, particularly now that Kendra and Carter are in his possession, assuming that they're still alive, which is highly unlikely."

  "So that's it?" Ray questioned. "We're-We're just giving up?"

  "I'm on my way to the refuge to retrieve our younger selves and return them to the timeline. It will be as if you never left."

  "What, you think that we can just return to our old lives, and then pretend like none of this ever happened?" Sara waved her hand while giving Rip a look.

  "Mm, that might be a tad difficult. So I had to bring you back to May 2016, not January 2016."

  "Great, so what you're saying is for the last five months, my mom probably thinks that I'm dead. Thanks a lot, man." Jax shook his head.

  "Okay, wait, why? Why the change of plans, Rip?"

  "If you're getting back on that ship, we get back on that ship." Rory went to poke Rip, but the man glitched, showing it was actually a hologram.