14

Baek Kyung
*words said by the characters in the actual drama is bolded

Baek Kyung*words said by the characters in the actual drama is bolded

"Just remember to smile at Dan Oh and take care of her. I really need this business deal," my father warns me as our driver drops us off at Dan Oh's house.

"알았어요," I muttered under my breath as we enter the house.

We're brought to the dining table where Dan Oh and her father are already seated.

"Wow, what a spread! Dan Oh, I heard you like pasta? Come to our house next time and Kyung's mother will make some pasta for you okay?" my father smiles and greets them warmly.

What a 180 degree attitude change from when he was talking to me in the car...

"Oh! That would be nice. I can't wait to eat the pasta mother makes!" Dan Oh replies cheerfully.

"Mother, my foot," I say while calmly cutting my steak, only to catch my father glaring at me.

"I'm kidding... Come over any time," I correct reluctantly. Sensing the awkward atmosphere, I decide to excuse myself.

For some reason, I wander into Dan Oh's room. Looking around, I spot a framed picture of Dan Oh and I when we were younger.

"Yah! Don't touch my things," Dan Oh appears at the doorway and takes the photo frame away from me.

"Why do you have this?" I ask.

"I don't know either. It's a surprise I have it considering how you were always rude to me. Why would I willingly take a picture with you?"

Dan Oh tidies her shelf and I see her carefully cleaning the dust off a puppet. The puppet has a strong resemblance to her, she must have ordered someone to do it for her vain self.

Suddenly, Dan Oh turns around, "아 맞다! Please, and I'm being serious, never carry me in your arms."

"I told you to stop being delusional. I wouldn't do that, ever," I reply rolling my eyes. The atmosphere here is also getting unbearable, I'm gonna go downstairs and see if the fathers have finished their business talk.