Chapter 5

I stare at Andrew for a moment until he talks again and brings me back to Earth.
"Well?"
"Andrew," I start. "I can't be your girlfriend."
Andrew looks at me disappointed.
"Well, why not?" He says standing up. "I mean, I'm the football captain and you are the prettiest girl in the whole school. We would be a cute couple and a perfect one also."
Hearing this I freeze.
"I-I..."
"Listen," he says. "I know I never talk to you and I know that's probably not a good start, but I think we can work it out somehow."
"Can I at least think about it?"
"Yeah!" He says. "You take your time and just come to me when you have the answer."
"Thank you" I say.
He smiles and gives me a kiss on the cheek.
"Bye" he says walking away.
I walk back to Matt and he is doing something on her phone. Texting the mysterious girl, maybe.
"Hey" I say slightly punching Matt on the arm.
"Hey." He says looking up the screen. "What was that all about?"
"Oh, that." I say. "Andrew just asked me if I wanted to be her girlfriend."
"Oh." He says with a sad face. "What did you say?"
"I have to think about it."
Matt looks at me with a relieved face.
"That's probably the best." He says.
We start walking, talking about the most random things you can think of.
Was it just me or was Matt worried about me saying Yes to Andrew. Oh well, whatever. I know I wanted to ask something to Matt I just don't remember what it was.