Chapter 9

Matt Jr. POV~
I thanked dad for the picture and hugged it for a long while. I heard my phone beep and I saw that It was a message from Nashlyn. I opened it and saw an image (above) and a message that said,
"We are officially together!"
I had mixed feelings about this. I was happy for her, but I was also sad because she was taken. Oh, BTW, the girl that I was talking about the other day with Nashlyn, the one that I said I had a crush on, yeah that was Nashlyn.
"Congratulations!" I answered back.
I laid down on my bed and was on Instagram the rest of the day. It's Friday so I don't do my homework until Sunday. Usually I go skateboarding with Nashlyn on Fridays, but she hasn't called me to say that's she's waiting for me so she should probably be hanging out with her new boyfriend, Andrew.
Eventually, I get bored of Instagram so I block my phone and lay down in silence. I remember all the past Friday's how at exactly 5:30 I would get a text from Nashlyn saying that she was waiting for outside my house to go skateboarding at the street. As you might have remembered, Mr. Grier and Mr. Dallas bought a whole street so all the Magcon boys could live together. The street is private so not a single car passes in these
streets which gives us an opportunity to build a skateboarding mini park at the streets.
I look at the clock and it 5:29. I was going to get ready to leave with Nashlyn, but then I remembered that she's not available anymore. I watch my phone until the clock turns into 5:30. I wait a few seconds to see if I receive a message. I don't. I leave my phone on my bed and I'm walking towards the door when I hear my phon ring. It's a call from a unknown number.
M-"Hello?" I answer.
N-"Matt! Yay you answered." It was Nashlyn's voice.
M-"Nashlyn?"
N-"Yeah?"
M-"Why are you calling from an unknown number?"
N-"Oh! Right. I dropped my phone in the water fountain at my backyard and it doesn't work anymore so I had to call you from my dads phone."
M-"Oh. And why would you call me from your dads phone?"
N-"Because I'm waiting for you outside! Common. It's skateboarding day, remember?"
M-"I remembered but I ought you were going to spend the day with your boyfriend."
N-"What? You think I would change my plans it's my best friend just to be with my boyfriend?"
M-"Umm yeah."
Nashlyn laughs.
N-"You make me laugh. Now get down here because the Carpenter twins are walking towards me to flirt with me."
I laugh.
M-"I'm on my way!"