Chapter 12

Nashlyn's POV~

Yesterday me and Matt got our hair color change. I'm blonde now and he is a brunette. That sounds way better when you are talking about a girl. Let's put it this way. He has brown hair.

So, I checked how far Yale was from New Jersey. I didn't trust Matt and I had a reason not to. Apparently New Jersey is not close to Yale. It's about 3 hours apart. I can't believe he lied to me. We promised to be honest with each other. No, I'm not going to break up with him, but I should. I'll just go talk to him and see if he knew or not.

I drive to his house and knock on his door. His dad opens the door.
"Hi, Mr. Espinosa." I greet.
"Hey, Nashlyn." He greets back. "What are you doing here? I thought you were suppose to be with Matt on a date."
I stare at him.
"Excuse me?" I say.
"Yeah," says Mr. Espinosa. "He said he went to Chilis with you, but I guess he didn't."
"Thank you." I say. "I'll go look for him."
I run to my car and start it.

I drive to Chillis and see that Matt is sitting in a booth, alone. Maybe he's waiting for me.
I enter and sit in front of Matt.
"Hey, Matt!" I say scaring him, making him jump.
"Nashlyn, ohmygod, hi." He says. "What are you doing here?"
"Well you weren't responding to you phone so I went to you house to see if you where there, but your dad told me you were here so....here I am!" I explain. "What are you doing here?"
"Nothin." He says. "I just came here to eat."
"Alone?" I ask.
"Yes," he says starting to sweat because he's nervous.

Matt's POV~

Nashlyn looks as me and then smiles.
"That only means one thing," she says.
"It does?" I ask.
"Yeah," she says smiling. "You remembered!"
I smile and try to remember what I 'remembered'.
"Haha I did!" I say fake laughing. "Just to be sure though, what did I remember?"
"Our 2 month anniversary!" She says. "What else?"
"Haha yep." I say. "I surely did remember."
We both laugh and talk about the last 2 months and I keep sweating more and more ever minute.

A lady comes next to our table. It's Ashley.
"I'm here, Matt." She says.
Ashley looks at Nashlyn and ten Nashlyn at me.
"You're cheating on me?" Asks Nashlyn starting to cry.
"No, Nashlyn." I say. "I would never do that."
"Then who is she?" She says standing up.
"She's the-" I get cut off by Nashlyn.
"You know what?" She says. "Save it."
She looks at me and takes off running.
I don't know what to do. Go after her or stay here. If I go after here Mrs. Ashley can't reschedule.
"She must really not like the idea of you going to the same college as her." Says Ashley sitting in front of me.
"I haven't told her." I explain.
"Oh...," she says. "That's why she thought you were cheating on her."
"Yeah," I nod. "Can we please get back to what we were doing?"
"Sure," she says taking out the papers. "Sign here and I will help you transfer to the same college as you girlfriend."
I sign the paper.
"Ex," I correct. "She May be my ex now."
"I'm sorry for the misunderstanding." Says Ashley. "I'll start to work on this and I'll tell you when it's ready."
"Ok," I say. "Thanks a lot."
I get up and walk out to my car. I start it and drive back home.