Biological Warfare - Chapter 14

Author's Note:

Hello lovelies! Sorry for the wait, classes are being a bitch but here's another chapter! Hope you like it :)

Disclaimer: I only own the character Eve, everything else is the CW and Kass Morgan's!

Enjoy! xx

***

Eve's POV

I was handing out ration packs to the group that was going to explore the crash site when Finn came up to me with a worried look on his face.

"Clarke shouldn't be going out there."

Looking over, I watched as she zipped up her pack with fierce determination.

"She needs answers Finn. Her mother was on that ship."

There was a stretch of silence as Finn observed Clarke. Even though the two of them had a complicated relationship, there was still something there. Something that felt familiar to what Bellamy and I had. Had. Pushing those thoughts away I turned to leave but felt a hand on my arm holding me back.

"Did you need something else?"

My voice was curt. I raised an eyebrow at Finn as he looked confused at my reaction. His facial features relaxed as he became aware of why I was reacting so coldly towards him. I had been avoiding all of them, except for Clarke. It wasn't that I wasn't upset with her for what happened with the Grounders, she was as responsible as the rest of them. But as the only person with medical training I had a responsibility to look over over the girl who had watched her mom die in the fiery crash. Clarke was still in shock and hadn't said much since the crash.

"Are you still mad about what happened?"

I scoffed at his ridiculous question but he continued to stare at me, expecting an answer.

"What are you referring to: your stupid plan that's now started a war against the only people left of our race or not telling me about said stupid plan?"

He was silent for a few seconds before speaking in a low voice.

"I just... I didn't want you to tell Bellamy. I knew that he would try to interfere and I thought that if it was just me, Octavia and Clarke it would work-"

"Well you don't have to worry about that now."

The words slipped out before I even realized and I couldn't help my voice from sounding so bitter. Unbeknownst to me, Bellamy had been behind us watching our interaction. He appeared next to us and gave Finn a hard look.

"It's time to go."

I stepped away from the both of them mainly to distance myself with Bellamy. Obviously we hadn't talked since the night before. I had nothing to say to him. His hateful words still echoed in my mind. 

From the moment of the crash, there was a whirlwind of activity. No one was allowed to go beyond the gate at night, almost everyone stayed up, too on edge to sleep. I found myself busy with trying to make sure Clarke didn't go into circulatory shock as well as busying myself with avoiding Bellamy as much as possible.

Without another glance at Bellamy, I turned to head to the dropship to return the remaining ration packs to their storage space.

When I had finished, I looked out to see that the group was indeed gone. Taking the opportunity, I headed to Bellamy's tent to grab anything of mine that was in there; my blanket, a few medical supplies, and my spare tank top. I moved it to the dropship where I made up a little section for myself on the upper level.