10 : 𝘐𝘯𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

     "Ninelie."

The white-haired girl turned towards him, her eyebrows raised in curiosity, "Mhm?"

Ray lowered his head, a sense of sincerity in his voice, "I'm sorry."

   "What are you apologizing for, Ray?"

He raised his head and gazed at her full of guilt, For that day-" 

   "I don't want to hear it." 

Ray's surroundings seemed to blur as if he was transported to the interior of the gate tunnel. Panic set in as he looked around, unable to discern any endpoint. Desperation drove him forward, and he ran and ran until, finally, he found her.

   "Ninelie!"Ray called out, his voice filled with urgency as he rushed toward her, he just needed to be near her.

   "Nine–" His words caught in his throat as he gasped, his eyes fixed on the sight of the girl in the grasp of a menacing demon. A grotesque flower bloomed from her chest, its crimson petals saturated with her blood.

Ray stood frozen, his rationality slipping away.

   "Ray, you..." Ninelie coughed, tears of blood streaming down her face as she gazed at him with sorrowful eyes.

   "...killed me, didn't you?"

Ray jolted awake, his hands clutching the blanket tightly. The room was dim, and he noticed that the others were still fast asleep. The memory of Nat playing the piano lingered in his mind.

   "Hah...." He sighed softly, tears streaming down his cheeks. "That was such a terrible dream..."