15 : 𝘞𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘎𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘺 𝘗𝘰𝘯𝘥

Emma lay sprawled on the ground, her consciousness returning at a sluggish pace. As the harsh light pierced her eyes, she gradually blinked them open, only to discover that the eerie forest she remembered had vanished. In its place stood a cheerful, deserted village, bathed in the morning sun. Bewildered, she rose to her feet and ventured further into the village, her mind a whirlwind of questions.

   'Calm down and think — yes, I remember. I wastaken?' She looked left and right but saw no signs of anyone. 'No demons in the area? Where's Ray? And where's that man? Are they safe?'

   "Raay!! Misteer!!" She called out, noticing a welcoming sign up ahead, 'Wel... come?'

Hurrying back into the village, she observed her surroundings more closely. 

  'Everything's so colorful — it's just like being in a fairy tale. Is this a village for — humans? But a place like this — what's more, it's way too quiet. Not even a single person anywhere.'

As Emma approached a set of stairs leading to a farm, she spotted a distant building. 'What's that? A country mansion? Think! A village, farm fields, a forest, and a mansionbut we're still in the demon world, aren't we? On top of that this wind — we're in winter, but it feels just like spring. The trees and the flowers, the grass, and the breeze — it's completely different from yesterday's forest.'

She gingerly checked her body, finding herself miraculously unharmed, "And how come I'm... unharmed?"

   'I don't get it. Just what is happening here? On second thought, I can't say yesterday. Maybe many days have passed, if this is a distant place — what do I do? Anyway, the priority is to find Ray and that man. And for that, I have to find out what kind of place this is—'

Suddenly, she sensed someone's presence behind her. The figure darted away, prompting Emma to give chase.

   'A human being?! It's a child!'

   "Wait! Hey! Wait, please!" 

Meanwhile, during Emma's earlier capture:

The man grabbed Ray by the back of his collar, "Forget it! You are only getting yourself taken, too! Run!!" He clutched Ray with his right arm and held onto their bags with his left. Ray struggled to break free, "Let me go! Let me go, you..."