6

Chapter 6
FAITHS POV:
Whenever I got home Josh was sitting on the couch watching sports center.
He noticed me walk into the living room.
"Hey baby." He said. "Hey." I said with a smile.
I walked over next to him and sat down.
We sat in silence for a few minutes.
"We need to talk." I said. Josh turned the tv off and looked at me.
"Okay, I'm all ears." He said and then put his hand on my knee.
"After I dropped the girls off at school, I met Tim at Starbucks. He called me last night and told me he had something important to tell me." I said and took a break and tried to think of how to tell Josh.
"What did he have to tell you?" Josh asked. "He has cancer." I said. Josh's facial expression showed surprise.
"Wow." He said. "Yeah, he said he wanted to see the girls more." I said. "Did you agree?" He asked. "Yeah. He got rid of all the alcohol in his house. He's going to stop." I said. "Why do I feel like there's something more to this?" Josh asked. "There is. Tim has no family here in Tennessee. I told him I was going to help him. Go to his doctor appointments with him and help him with other stuff. I know he's screwed up in the past, but he doesn't deserve to go through this alone." I said. Josh nodded. "If you want to help him. Do it. I trust you." He said. I smiled. "Thanks. I really wanted your approval for this." I said. "Well you have it." He said.
I kissed him. "I love how you care so much about others." He said after the kiss and then kissed me.
"Oh, don't tell the girls he has cancer. I'm not telling them. Tim will be the person to tell them if he wants them to know. I already told him it will break their hearts knowing their father is sick even though they're just 10, 9, and 5." I said. "Do you think he will tell them?" Josh asked. "Probably not anytime soon." I said. Josh nodded and then kissed me again.