What Goes Around

Everything comes around...

Bringing us back again...

Here is when we start...

And here is where we end...

  ❤❤❤  

The group made their way through the damp and dim underground tunnel by the light of Jessica's candle, all flanked close behind one another, desperately trying not to trip over each other's feet.

"Where does this lead to?" Cathy wheezed, letting out a choking cough, her lungs full of soot and ash.

"Godric's house..." Holly muttered. Her voice trailed off, her mind was inattentive with the cumbersome task of navigating the three-mile journey on only faded memories. She hadn't been in the tunnels for over forty-five years. 

Alcide's thoughts were preoccupied also, he worried about his best friend Marcus and prayed his pack taught the attacking wolves a lesson. But his gut told him otherwise. If his charges had survived, they would have caught up with him by now. He'd see to it that whoever did this would certainly suffer in return. After an hour-long traverse in the festering tunnels, the group finally arrived at the hidden chamber in Godric's guest house basement. Alcide was not sure if it was safe at Godric's residence, but there was really no place else to go. He couldn't imagine gathering all of the girls comfortably into his small one-bedroom house. So he sent Hoyt and Tommy out to sniff around, making sure Godric's house was safe. When they gave him the signal that all was clear, Alcide let out a heavy sigh. Inside the house, there was no trace of  Godric. The entire mansion was empty; only faint traces of the intrusive vampires lingered in the air. The wolf immediately phoned Eggs. 

Unfortunately, Franklin answered.  "We're busy, mutt." The impish-vamp had snatched the phone from his younger brother while pushing the speakerphone icon so that all could hear.

"Fuck you fanger...The wolf groused back at the rude vampire."The Coven was set on fire, destroyed by a New Orleans pack." 

"Oh- Goddess..!"  Naomi yells out in the background.

"I'm sorry Naomi; some of the girls didn't make it out. Godric may be in trouble too, vampire authorities barged in and arrested him." Alcide replied. 

"DAMN IT Alcide, what about Mavis?" The Asian woman beseeches while shuddering with hysteria.

The beautiful witch had stumbled upon her now adopted daughter two years ago at her favorite French Quarter coffee shop, Café Du Monde. Naomi noticed the girl teleporting from shop to shop stealing treats. Naomi assumed the timid little girl, who looked to be about 5 years old at the time, had recently been abandoned. Naomi had diligently checked and the youth was not listed in any missing child's registries. She was sure the girl's parents were afraid of her because of her teleporting ability. Naomi decided to name the little girl who stole her heart Mavis, after the first innocent witch killed in the Salem witch hunts. 

Alcide glanced over at the adorable little girl sitting on Jessica's lap and warmly smiled. "She's fine; we're here at Godric's. But Willa, she was taken earlier tonight."

Naomi lowered her eyes in unabashed shame. She realized how selfish she sounded; only asking about her daughter and not the others.

Abruptly the cellular began to cut out due to the bad connection in the isolated bayou area. Hoping the wolf could still hear him, Eggs replied, "Thank you Alcide, we'll be there as soon as possible." He then snatched his phone away from Franklin and released the call.

Naomi immediately began to dial Tara's number on her phone. The phone rang a few times and went to her voice mail. "Tara, please call me back as soon as you get this message, it's urgent." She could hear the desperation in her own voice as she left a message. With shaky hands, she left her a text also... Supreme, meet us at Godric's. The coven was attacked. Tell Eric that Godric is being questioned by The Authority.