Don't Let Go

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat.

  ❤❤❤  

ERIC POV

"Ohhh min Tara," I abruptly awakened; unable to stifle my groans of pleasure. I was ravishing Tara's sexy, succulent body while in my erotic, Aether-blood induced dream. It is almost as good as the real thing. 

I rolled to my side, my cock harder than ever and I reached for my hot little goddess; but once again the sexy minx had abandoned me. Her scent still lingered and I yearned for her, through our bond, I sensed her emotions; she is a distance away, slightly agitated, but well. I kicked off the sheets in frustration and sped to the bathroom for a shower. I noticed the clock and I realized I'd awakened much earlier than usual and couldn't explain why; I'd never wake this early before unless disturbed. Rising out of the coffin before sunset weakens a vampire, oddly, I felt fully rejuvenated.

After my shower, as I dressed, I felt twilight approach; so I waited while the final rays of the sun sink below the horizon before I entered my garage. I activated the security alarm; slid into the leather seats of my Maserati, and I plug in my battery depleted cellular. It took me a moment to program my Bluetooth, but I wanted to add some jazz music for Tara. Finally, I pressed the ignition button... The night waits.

I found it peculiar when I arrived and Pam was not taking inventory and reviewing the ledgers as she always does when the bar is closed. Doing this task is a Monday night routine for my lazy child who is certainly a creature of habit. As I enter the main area, the smell of very old, unfamiliar vampires lingered in the air.

Something is wrong...

Immediately I begin summoning my child. I began to worry when I was unable to feel her emotions, nor sense if she was near or far. She was purposely blocking me out..? How..? Most importantly why..?

My cellular was still charging, so I use the landline to call my chief deputy Stan Baker, the one-hundred-year-old cowboy, who I've known for half that time is standing in my office door within minutes. He'd heard about what happened in Baton Rouge; the entire vampire community knew by now.

"I need answers -" I began, but before I could finish my demand, my cellular rang.

"Eric..." the voice on the other end said, I immediately recognized who I was speaking to - and the fact that I am getting a call from my youngest brother is cause for more alarm. Although I am quite fond of Eggs, I cannot recall the last time the former Union soldier has called me.

"Speak brother..." I answer with alacrity.

"Call upon your most loyal and brave deputies to the St. Roch cemetery for debriefing," He stated urgently, evading all formalities, and abruptly hanging up.

"Follow me," I order Stan as I secured the bar, "Contact Chow, Longshadow, and as many other allied deputies as you can; call me upon your arrival at the St. Roch Cemetery in New Orléans."

"So you're aware now that Pam and Godric are being held by the authority..." 

I did not answer him; vehemence progressed wildly through my veins as I soar off and into the night. How dare those pieces of shit jail, my family! They will all suffer greatly for this. Undoubtedly, Eggs and Franklin are prepared to make a stand; we shall fight or die for our freedom.

  ❤❤❤  

St. Roch Cemetery, New Orléans

With a little effort, Franklin Mott located Magistrate Salome's mansion. The adept, vampire-detective had always speculated the location but never had a reason to check it out until now. He and Eggs incisively observed the activities on the inside and outside of the house through a high power scope. Both wanted to launch an attack on the small army of guards patrolling the grounds, but refrained, due to the limited manpower. They had to wait for Eric and his reinforcements. Luckily they did not have to wait long, after about an hour Stan, Longshadow, Chow, and a hand full of Area 5 deputies respectfully greeted Franklin and Eggs and awaited their orders.