Chapter 15; Warning

~MINX POV~

Another night in my hellish nightmare zone. Great. I stand up, and to my surprised I'm not in the small shack anymore. I look down at my wrists, and just like I thought, they still had the deep cuts from the night before, as did my ankles. I looked around, and to my surprise, I was at a place I had never been to before. I look over and see one of the many poison lakes, covered by unstable stone bricks to cross over. I turned my head and spotted something through my peripheral vision. Like a pink blur. I turned back to the poison lake, and I saw Lizzie. There's no way she's going to make it her first try. She looked up at me and waved, but I waved her to go back. But she didn't. She kept jumping brick to brick. I ran as fast as I could to the edge of the lake, but she was still trying her hardest to reach me. 

I took a deep breath in and out as I began to step on each stone by stone getting closer and closer to my pink haired friend. But it was too late. I gasped as I watched her slip in and slowly look up at me with a terrified face. I got to the point of which she stood and dove in relentlessly, and with no hesitation. It burned. Bad. But I swam through the thick green poison towards her unconcious body. I grabbed hold around her waste as I began to reach the surface. I pushed her body upon the shore with all my might, my whole body badly stinging. I climbed up on the shore and looked down at my flesh, forming crackling bubbles of puss and poison all over my body. 

I looked over at Lizzie, still unconcious. I pushed myself up, aching everywhere. I placed my head down on Lizzie's chest, burning my face even more. Her heart was beating, but she wasn't breathing. I forced my hands down on her chest, nothing. I began mouth-to-mouth recipitation, nothing work. I pumped my hands some more on her chest, but she wouldn't breath. Frustrated and now crying, I slammed my fists into her chest one last time. Nothing happened. For a second. Then she coughed up the poisoned water. "Oh thank God!" I shout, hugging her.

She coughed some more, "They're coming," She mumbled. "Have...to...warn...Max," She continued.

"Wait, Lizzie who? What should I warn him of?" I asked rapidly.

"The...the king's men..." She said, barely able to talk. This confused me. Wasn't Adam the king now? I shake my head, realizing Adam would never do that, and figuring I must have seen wrong.

"When are they coming?" I asked, afraid of the answer.

Even in Lizzie's stage I could easily hear her when she said, "Tomorrow."

~MAX POV~

I grabbed some fruit from my fruit basket. An apple and a few grapes. I smiled happily as I began to eat and started walking over to where Minx was resting. As I was about to take the first step down the stairs the lights flickered. Then they did some more. Then from out of nowhere there was a big gust of wind, blowing all the doors in the hallway open. The lights continued flickering and all of my documents where flying around the house. I turned my head side to side, looking for any cause to this strange phenomenon. 

Then I saw it. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a black figure standing in my office. I ran over and looked all around the room. A strange black figure covered with cuts, wounds, and boiling gashes was standing over my desk, with a pen and paper in hand. I didn't say or do anything, I was paralyzed with fear. I watched as the figure dropped the pen and paper and turned to face me. I could now clearly see two thin, purple strands of hair hanging down from the shadow's face.

"Minx?" I whisper, and before a blink of the eye, everything stops. The figure is gone, the wind disappeared, and the lights on in every room. I look around nervously, looking for any danger. Not spotting any, I scramble towards the leftover note on my desk. It was written slopily with a dark, black ink. All it read was, "They're coming for you."

And that's all I needed to see to understand it.