Chapter 10; Ultimate Ruler

~CHILLED POV ~

I open my eyes and I'm surrounded by pure darkness. I go to pull myself up but my muscles ache everywhere. I put up my right hand and am barely able to push myself up. I see nothing.

After a couple of minutes I start to make or a few figures, my friends' figures. They're all passed out, but two are missing. Adam and Lizzie.

I hear a small sniffly noise, and it sounds like crying. That's when I see her. In the corner opposite of me, there's Lizzie, head buried in her knees, sobbing wildly.

I quickly crawl over to her.

"Lizzie it's okay, I'm her, I'm here." I say, wrapping her in my arm.

"I...I could've done it Chilled," she sniffles.

What did she mean?

"Done what?" I look down at her.

"I...I could've saved Adam... Saved all of us,"

I brought her head up.

"Lizzie, what do you mean?" I asked, looking into her crying brown eyes.

"I knew it..." I began to speak but she started bawling before I could.

"I knew he would get attacked!" She yelled.

I shushed her as I put her head against my chest.

One by one, everyone woke up.  And one by one, they all asked where Adam was, but no one knew.
Everyone was now awake as we began to hear someone approach our cell. I scrambled to my feet as a guard appeared out of the shadows. He had many sidearms, as well as a earpiece. He looked just like a spy or secret service man. I guess that's what guards probably look like at this point in time.
"Any do you have us here?" I asked as everyone's stated blurting out questions. He doesn't reached over to the handle, unlocked it, and opened it.
"You are free to go." He said, extremely quiet.
"Why are you letting us go?" Entoan asked quickly before stepping out the door.
"Because, it's what he wishes."

We quickly left he dungeon-like prison and walked in to a royal looking room. At the very end of the room, there was Adam, atop a throne.

"Adam what are you doing?" Ohm immediately asked for all of us. 

"Guys!" He was extremely happy.

"I'm king now!" He spoke up as the five of us exchanged confused gaping looks.

"Ultimate Ruler, you majesty." The man who let us out corrected.

"Yeah, whatever" Adam spoke, grinning from ear to ear.

"Can we speak to you a minute?" I asked, gesturing toward the door.

"Sure, sure." He spoke, stepping down from his throne.

As soon as we stepped outside we bombarded him with question. "How did you become the King????" Entoan asked as we all nodded our heads in confusion.

"I'm the "chosen one"" He said with a chuckle. "Besides, I think I saw the gem we needed to get." 

"How could you tell?" Dlive asked curiously.

"It was like one you'd never seen before. Absolutely stunning. The royal gem. It had to be it." Adam said, rather convincingly.

"Okay fine," Dlive spoke up once again, "But why does this new Utopia absolutely need a king???" Adam looked confused as he muttered some things but Lizzie spoke up again.

"He's just a face. To win the war. Decide who dies and who lives." 

"The war?" We all questioned.

"Yeah, there are people who want to tear down everything, be like how the world used to be, not always wasting materials and building factories, not to mention polluting the earth. A recent study shows that Mars can be made habitable, and they want to spread the human race there. More room for nature. Then there are those who just want to keep building on to the Earth until they finally lose it, then move to Mars. Less expensive that way, plus more industrial." She informed us as if she lived in this time period.

"What side am I on?" Adam asked.

"The evil, big corporation side." Lizzie said with a small laugh.

"Adam, I don't know if this is the best idea." Ohm said, sounding rather worried.

"I'll have my fun for a little bit, grab the gem, fix Minx, and go home. It'll work out fine." We were all persuaded so we had Adam show us to the guest bedrooms to get some sleep.

A/N

Hey guys! So I would of updated as soon as I got Wattpad to work again, but this is one of my fanfics where I have to be a bit patient because it takes a bit longer to get all the ideas flowing. None the less, we'll soon be back on a regular schedule.

Also, sorry for the awkward spacing, I did part of this on my phone so it just turned out kind of weird XD

Thanks!

~Coco