12.

march 28, 2020; 6:48am

mark woke up hours later, noticing the letter on his desk. he sat up, going to the letter and reading it. tears fell down his cheeks as he ripped up the letter. he took the hoodie which now smelled like jaebeom and hugged it tightly.

he took out his phone, opening instagram. he looked for jaebeom's profile, nothing. jaebeom blocked him.

it was time for mark to go to school. he didn't wanna go, but he had to. he forced himself into his football jersey and his jeans. he walked out to his car, getting into it and setting his gps to zara high school.

once he arrived, he immediately went to the cafeteria which is where jaebeom always was before school started. he wasn't there.

"goddammit, jaebeom..." mark said, punching the lockers by the cafeteria. this caused multiple students to stare at him.

youngjae was texting yugyeom, asking if he had seen jaebeom at all today.
"did i ruin my chance with jaebeom?" he asked himself quietly.

mark noticed that the teacher didn't call jaebeom's name when asking for the attendance. "why didn't you call jaebeom's name?" mark asked the teacher.

"his name isn't on my roster. i heard the principals talking about how he switched schools." the teacher said, placing his paper down on his desk.

mark felt tears beginning to form in his eyes.

days went on like this. no sign of jaebeom, nor was there any contact from him. mark would occasionally go by his house and knock on his door. no answer.

marks behavior changed after this. he was no longer happy at all anymore. he didn't meet jackson and jinyoung for coffee anymore. he didn't play football anymore. he rarely showed up to school. his grades went from A's to D's. jaebeom changed him. he changed him more than youngjae changed him.

there was only one thing mark thought. jaebeom was gone.

and he's never coming back.