18.

december 10, 2022; 8:49pm

jaebeom jumped at every notification he got on his phone. "could it be mark? could it be youngjae? either way, i hope it's neither of them." he thought to himself.

december 11, 2022; 6:30am

jaebeom hadn't heard from youngjae in a few days. he wasn't worried about it though. his blaring alarm went off, waking him up. he turned over on his bed, slapping it off. he laid there, contemplating going back to sleep. "no, jaebeom. get your lazy ass up." he said to himself, forcing himself to get up. it felt like his body suddenly weighed 500lbs (226.8 kgs). he dragged himself out of bed, going to his bathroom. he did his morning routine before throwing his work uniform on.

jaebeom rushed out of the door after eating breakfast and seeing that the clock said 7:02. he got on his bike, quickly biking to his job which wasn't too far from his house. he couldn't afford a car, being that he could barely afford rent.

he flipped the sign on the door from closed to open. he went around the shop, turning all of the lights on in every display case and behind the cashier counter. he sat on the chair which sat behind the counter.

december 11, 2022; 4:30pm

jaebeom didn't bother looking up when the bell above the door rang since it had been such a busy day. you wouldn't think so many people would come into an antique shop. he thought to himself.

the bell rang, and of course jaebeom continued to look at his phone as he said "welcome to the west avenue antique shop. is there anything i can do for you?"

"yeah, actually. there is." a familiar voice said.

jaebeom looked up and saw mark standing there with a guitar in his hand. "m-mark?" jaebeom said.

"hi, jaebeom." mark said.

"what are you doing here?" jaebeom asked.

"you saw my dad here yesterday and you don't think he'd tell me? i've been searching for you everywhere since that night at the hospital." mark said.

"god, i'm sorry, mark.." jaebeom said, sighing.

"shhh. i have a song for you." mark said, pulling his guitar up.

"but custo-" jaebeom was attempting to say before be cutting off by mark's guitar as mark began playing.

the song sounded familiar, but he couldn't remember where from.

"let's go all the way tonight. no regrets, just love. we can dance until we die. we'll be young forever. you make me feel like i'm living a teenage dream. the way you turn me on, i can't sleep. let's run away and don't look back. my heart stops when you look at me. just one touch. now, baby, i believe this is real. so take a chance and don't ever look back." were the words jaebeom sang along with mark after recognizing the song.

"what is this, glee?" jaebeom chuckled as mark finished playing.

"my way of telling you how much i miss you. in more ways than one." mark said, scanning jaebeom's body.

"don't worry. i've missed you too." jaebeom said.

mark leaned in to give jaebeom a kiss before the bell above the door rang once more.

"what the hell?" youngjae said, dropping the bag of lunch he brought for jaebeom.