New Friends? (Chapter 0.5)

sigh escaped the brown raccoon. That was the last of the adverts Tom Nook put up to show off his brand new 'Deserted Island Get Away Package' . The constant sound of the stapler slicing through the paper and hitting the bark of the trees he knew so well, for he had grown up in this area along with a fluffy secretary who had voice that seemed to calm anyone around her, made him observe the trees closely, looking for things he missed in his childhood. Thinking back on it, he has done so much to provoke the dog yet, she kept her bubbly persona intact. 

 His thoughts were interrupted by the mentioned dog. ''Phew, that was the last of the posters,'' 
Isabelle, the yellow shih-tzu, paused for a moment. An obvious uneasy vibe crawled around her, covering the undergrowth of the area, even making the trees in the distance shutter with anxiety and anticipation as to what she was going to say. ''right Mr. Nook?'' The tanuki sweat dropped, that is what she was going to say. ''Yeah, hopefully we get at least one phone call.'' Isabelle gave a sympathetic look towards him, soon replaced with a look of confidence. ''I'm positive we will get more than on-''  her sentence was interrupted by the sweet melody of  her crush, and famous song artist,  K.K. singing 'Bubblegum'.  

''Really, Mr. Nook?'' Now it was Isabelle's turn to sweat drop. ''I- um'' Tom Nook  flushed with embarrassment then attempted to answer the call. Keyword 'attempted'. The phone decorated with a leaf, an obvious logo of the famous 'Nook Inc.', slid out of his paws like a bar of wet soap and the combination of his sweating pads and the cackling of the golden dog in the distance made it even harder to answer. It was like a scene ripped from the movies, although it only lasted a couple of seconds, it was funny to see the professional Tom Nook struggle to answer a phone call. 

''Ah Yes, Hello this is Tom Nook from 'Nook Inc.' '' his voice was followed by the inaudible customer calling the advertised number. Even though it was his private number, he didn't really mind it. ''Yes, Yes'' silence was the only thing that came out of the surrounding area, without any noise from any creature they were all quiet, well except Isabelle,  who was still trying to catch her breath from all the laughing. The voice that followed was perfectly synced with the distance bugs and animals that nature provided. It was around noon, so it was busy yet there was no one around the quite area they were in, leaving them with themselves and their thoughts. ''So your name is 'Raymond' correct?'', ''Ah, I see. Meet me at Dodo Airlines to get your ticket, Raymond.'' 

The call ended with a long 'beep' signaling that the chat ended. It went smoothly other than the disappointed Tom Nook, who wanted to sound professional toward his first customer. 

            ''Well Mr. Nook, It looks like we got our first Resident''  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(A/N) This is NOT a Tom Nook x Isabelle fanfiction! Marshal comes into the story around the next chapter. 

   But JESUS! That took forever! {i really dont know if this is enough tho} 

{544 words}