Repay (Chapter 12)

A/N: thank you all so much for the support on this book that I've spent a while working on. Before I start this chapter here are a few things I want to say, I'm very sorry for the slow updates I try to update as soon as i can. Also, I know this was supposed to be a bonus, But I just had to continue, I swear the next chapter will be a bonus! 

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

It had been a week since the gray cat has been assisting Marshal. The squirrel still didn't understand why Raymond would help him with anything, considering how rude the squirrel acted towards the cat.

Marshal had never known how to control his emotions towards others, the case mainly being how antisocial he was as a kid. He never had many friends, in fact his first actual friend was assigned by his parents, Goldie.

He cherished Goldie as his best-friend, but the squirrel had remembered his first best-friend,  His grandma. Marshal loved his grandma so much, enjoying the weekends he would spend over at her house just baking all day, climbing the big tree in her backyard, he sure did miss her a lot. 

Just thinking about the regret how he never fully got to say goodbye stabbed him in the heart, he wanted to cry from all the guilt he had back then. 

"Marshal?" The gray cat said waving a paw in the daydreaming squirrel's face causing him to flinch. "Ah, were you daydreaming?" Raymond chuckled.

"No, what do you want?" The squirrel said rubbing his eyes to snap out of his thoughts. 

"Well, actually I've finished cleaning for today." Raymond said yawning a-bit from the result of staying up all night. "I'ma get going for today, I'm exhausted." He said chuckling at his actions.

"Mkay, go get rest." Marshal said sounding like a concerned parent. He then got up from the desk he was currently sitting at and handed Raymond 200 bells. "Here." 

"Wow, thank you." Raymond said politely thanking Marshal handing him the money. "Although, you don't have to pay me, I do this for free Marsh-marsh." He said giving him a warm smile.

"First of all, Do not call me 'Marsh-marsh', second of all how do I repay you then?" Marshal said trying not to sound rude.

"You don't have to." The cat said giving Marshal one last smile before walking towards the front-door. "see ya." Raymond said shutting the door behind him.

"Strange."  was all Marshal thought of Raymond half the time but to be honest, Marshal was grateful to bring someone like Raymond into his life. 

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

 Marshal sat up in his bed on his phone scrolling through his contacts looking for a certain one, a blue cat named Rosie.

He had found out that Raymond and her were friends, so he had decided to call Rosie, the reason being that he wanted to know what Raymond liked so Marshal can find a way to actually repay him.

Marshal sighed then clicked the green call button getting an answer shortly after.

"Hello? This is Rosie."  the other line spoke.

"Rosie? Hi. This is Marshal."

"Ah, Marshal! Hey! whatcha' need?"  Rosie said in her high-pitched energetic voice that could honestly annoy most people.

"Hey Rosie. I was wondering...Do you know what Raymond likes? Like, his favorite things..?" Marshal said shyly, he had always hated how his voice had sounded on calls so it made him shy on calls.

"Huh? Like foods?"  Rosie questioned in a curious tone.

"No, No, like stuff to do." 

"Ah! Why? are you taking him on a date or something?...Jk!" 

"..." Marshal didn't dare to say anything from how embarrassed he was. Does she really think that?  He thought to himself.

"..He likes picnics.."  

"Thank you."  Marshal praised her then shortly after hanging up from the call.

"Picnics Huh? You weirdo."  Marshal said to himself chuckling a bit then sighed. "Ughh. I don't even know what foods you like." he groaned giving himself a face palm.

 。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

(A/N: Sorry for leaving it on a cliffhanger like this! I promise after the bonus chapter you can enjoy all the fluff :) I just didn't know how to end it soo, sorrryyy..