Landed (Chapter 3)

Finally, Marshal thought. The plane gracefully landed like a duck, surfacing the water, making sure not to splash the nearby landlord and his two nephews. Stepping outside the airport, as small as it was it could still hold a capacity of at least 30 other residents, he observed all of his future neighbors and area. One thing Marshal noticed was the weeds, it was too overgrown for his taste and after he set up he would definitely clear the area up. 

The sweet breeze against his fluffy cream-colored fur was probably the best feeling he got when he first arrived. After observing the surrounding 'friends' or residents as the brown tanuki says, he found the most interesting ones to be a pink deer, she was named appropriately as fuchsia the same color as her skin, a blue wolf who seemed to have an unusual eyelid color, and finally the black-eared Blondie who went by the name of Raymond. 

For anyone involved in the whole 'situation' at the airport, it would just be awkward to just have a friendship sprouted from it. For example, Marshal wanted to keep up his 'bad boy',  jerk persona rather than the nervous, flirtatious gentleman he really was.  Yet the Raymond had no problem with showing his true feelings towards others, especially the nervous one like in the plane. 

     On a different note, he was finally free from everything, not having to worry about monthly rent, taxes, and especially romance. I mean who would be dating their neighbor. At least, that is what Marshal thought. The whole idea was just bizarre, finding love when you must survive all by yourself other than a tent. He wouldn't have time for that, on his vacation nonetheless. Maybe it was his life goal, yeah, but not now while he was on a deserted island. To him that was just desperate.

He shook his head to clear his thoughts. What was he, some romance-obsessed teen girl?definitely not. 

                               ‿︵‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣͙୧ - - - - - ୨˚̣̣̣͙୧‿︵‿︵‿︵

 Stepping outside, he was fully engulfed with the tangy smell of oranges combined with the smell of raw fish, the type that you would usually find at a supermarket not an 'Island Getaway'. Who was Marshal to blame, it was an island after all.  

Even though the stench made him want to gag, it was pretty peaceful. Well, until a certain blue hamster with tacky pink hair started looking up at a pink deer's undergarments. Due to his size, his crime was unrecognizable and everyone else didn't think much of it since he was so short. But, Marshal sure did. 

While Fuchsia was taking to a multi-color cub with unusual eyes, Marshal snuck behind Rodney and wacked him hard on the head with a load 'thunk' as if something had fallen on the wooden bridge connecting the land. As Rodney was still in a state of shock and confusion, Marshal pulled down Fuchsia's skirt that was still in Rodney's clutches. Making her turn around with a boiling rage spread across her face that only a fool would ignore. 

''EeeK'' She howled at Marshal, who was completely innocent and was in the process of shoving Rodney's face into the ground. 

The bystanders, including Raymond, were surprised to see Marshal so flushed and strong at the same time, still holding off Rodney, who remained quiet throughout the whole fiasco. ''Uh, Excuse me miss you've got the wrong idea se-.'' He was cut off by a the fuchsia deer who had a pink blush on her face you can hardly notice. 

''I know what I saw! You were trying to lift up my skirt!'' 

''Actually, the hamster did it, he was just trying to help you out.'' 

Marshall turned to see who had defended him, of course it was the same feline he saw everywhere he went, Raymond.  Well the tables have turned and now Marshal is asking for help.

''Oh, Well i apologize for causing a scene,'' She turned to face the freckled menace who cause the whole show. ''You better say goodbye to your island getaway, you're canceled! I'm calling Mr. Tom Nook.'' 

Suddenly, a joined gasp was formed by everyone in the surrounding area, all sharing the same thoughts along the lines of, ''he just got here''. Even the mentioned tanuki, who surprisingly never stepped in so therefore was forgotten, too was shocked.

The hamster's face went as pale as the passing clouds and he squeaked something like, ''You can't just do that,'' or ''But I paid!'' None was able to confirm though since not even Marshal could hear the words he spoke and he was way too shocked to even speak louder. 

Since Tom Nook was there, and watched the whole thing, he let Rodney go with a warning. As soon as he was let off the hook, Marshal swore he saw the pinket sprint as fast as he could into the vast open forest, not to be seen until they were told to assemble at the camp fire. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       (A/N): Credits to @ManaPoppins who was the main inspiration for this chapter. 

                                      {848 words}