2

𝐸𝐷𝐼𝑇𝐸𝐷

Y/n pov:

The three of us arrived at school and immediately I had noticed people were whispering and laughing at me as I walk past them. The two males walking beside me seem to notice and pull me to our locker. ''Where is horse boy?'' ''I think I've already found him,'' Johnny replied while mumbling. The both of us looked in the direction he was looking at to see Cherry had Ponyboy's arm around her and a few of her friends following behind. Cherry locked eyes with me and gave me one of her smirks that would bring people down.

''Why isn't he looking at us?'' I said not breaking eye contact with Cherry. ''I knew this would happen but I didn't expect it to happen this year,'' Twobit said. We all grabbed the books we needed for the first period. Johnny was held back a year which had a better chance of us being in the same classes. Twobit was a sophomore so we only got to spend time at him during lunch or free time when were at school. Johnny and I walked to our different math classes until he insisted to walk me to my class which I thought was sweet of him.

I greeted the teacher with a smile and took a seat along with the other students who had just walked in. I saved a spot beside me for Ponyboy since we had promised to sit next to each other. While the teacher was in the middle of her explanation Cherry and Ponyboy had entered the classroom with a few laughs slipping out of their mouths. ''Sorry- we got lost.'' Cherry said while holding her laugh with Ponyboy. ''That's alright but please take a seat.'' The teacher said before going back to the lesson. I looked up at Ponyboy and smiled at him. In return, he looked at me with a straight face and sat next to Cherry. I bit the inside of my mouth and went back to writing my notes.

The class had finally ended and I was happy to have English with Johnny until I realized Pony was in our class as well. I sighed before shaking the thought out of my head and walked to my locker to see Twobit cracking jokes with some of his friends his grade and Johnny leaning on his locker while listening in to their jokes. I smiled at Johnny and placed my math books in my locker and grabbed my English books for the second period. I leaned my body towards Johnny. He hesitantly placed his hand onto my waist. I feel the warmth in his palm spreading through the area he had placed his hand on while soothing his thumb on my jeans.

''Hey'' was what we heard to catch our attention. We looked over our shoulders and saw Ponyboy standing there with his hands in his pockets. ''Why are you holding Y/N?'' Ponyboy had a somewhat disgusted face that he tried to hide but miserably failed. ''Why are you hanging out with Cherry and why didn't you tell me you went out for school already?'' I snapped at him. ''That's none of your business you fool!'' Twobit turned his head and lightly slapped the back of his head. ''What did you call her?'' Pony glared at me before walking off with the same group of socs to who knows where. I slid out of Johnny's arm and walked off to English. ''Don't listen to that guy he's bufflin' and he's making a fool of himself.'' Twobit reassured me which I smiled.

''How's the sophomore treating you man?'' Johnny asked. ''It's been going great so far since Y/N has been helping me during the summer.'' I watched as a few people stared at me before laughing. The bell had rung and Twobit had said his goodbye before leaving for his class. ''Wanna sit next to me?'' I asked Johnny which he nodded his head. We laughed and sat in the very back row of the class. Pony walked in and looked at us before taking a seat next to a girl that was friends with Cherry. ''What is up with him?'' Johnny shrugged before making another joke which caused me to laugh.

::

Class ended which was now time for lunch. ''Man, I am starving!'' Johnny exclaimed. I laughed as we both waited for Twobit to go to the DX. ''I wanna ask Sodawhy Pony has been acting like a..'' I tried figuring out the right word. ''dick!'' Johnny laughed at me. Twobit had finally come and we all walked to the DX. A few socs were making fun of us which made me insecure until Twobit flipped them away which made me smile. We all made it to the DX and I gave Steve and Soda a smile. Johnny and Twobit followed Steve to the back while I sat on the stool behind the counter with Soda having a conversation of our own.

''I have something to.. ask you'' He leaned on the counter with his back behind the counter and looked at me. ''What's up?'' I exhaled sharply. ''Pony has been acting like a dick to me this entire day so far and he's been hanging out with these socs and I was wondering if you could maybe ask him what's up?'' Soda seemed surprised by what I said but kept quiet. ''Sure I will but-'' I interrupted him. ''People have been giving me looks and I hear laughing and whispering behind my back every 2 seconds!'' I stood up now. Soda opened his arms for me which I happily hugged him. ''Your gonna have to ask Darry about that since he's been in high school more than I have.'' I nodded before giving him a kiss on his cheek. ''I'll see you later babe'' he winked. ''See you later!''

I skipped outside to join along with Twobit and Johnny when I saw Pony and Cherry not too far away from the DX. I watched as he gripped her chin with his fingers and pushing their lips against one another. I was hurt, badly. I looked inside the DX to avoid any more of what I have just watched and to my surprise Soda had been also watching his little brother with the redhead girl. I felt hot tears running down my cheek but soon wiping them off and walking back home. The first day of freshmen year had turned into a disaster

Word count: 1086