A new beginning (2014)

Taking a deep breath, I sat up, confused and scared. I looked around an empty church, lying on a stone bed, my hands grasped each side, I then raised them both up to my eye level, to see them shaking, but I could actually see them moving. I lifted myself of the bed, onto the floor, I was so confused, the last time I felt like this was when I was about to be killed, I was killed, why am I here. My head turned to the side as I heard footsteps growing down the altar to where I was standing.

"Welcome to New Orleans, it's been around 1,000 years since i've seen you" A dark skinned woman smiled at me, her dark hair flowed in messy curls and her smile rippled many lines beside her mouth. I tilted my head, unable to speak, giving a confused look, "Oh, where are my manners, I have a new body, you wouldn't recognise me, welcome back to the land of the living Rose, it's me Esther" my eyes grew in shock, how is she here, why is she in someone else's body. "Esther, did you..."

"Why yes, I took the liberty of raising you from the dead, I felt you were robbed from your life" she started as she started playing with a rock she just levitated. "Don't worry dear" she continuted "you are not one of those monstrosities I created, I resurrected you, as you once were, a witch, and a powerful one at that"  I looked at my fingers, studying them before attempting to lift a rock of the floor, it worked. "what is the catch?" I asked "No catch, whatsoever" she replied "i'm just giving back what was taken" Esther stood aside, gesturing for me to leave. I heistated for a while before walking out of the door, there was something she wanted, it might not be now, but she wanted something.

I reached the outside, the sun blinding me, as I have been lying in darkness for 1,000 years. I squinted and placed my arm over my forehead, allowing me to adjust to the light. I felt odd, the people were dressed completley different, women were wearing trousers, and I was dressed in a brown ragged dress. "New Orleans" I whispered to myself as I took a step into the crowd. Everyone stared at me, like I was something weird and foreign, just because I looked different.

The crowd started to bustle, I was pushed from one side to another, until I was thrown to the floor. A hand reached out to help me up, I quickly grabbed it and looked up at my helper. She was a pretty girl, with brown hair that fell just past her shoulders, she looked me up and down before speaking, "You look like someone that just stepped out from 1,000 years ago, i'm Hayley" my head tilted to the side "My name is Rose, how did you know? Have you been following me?" she smiled at me, thinking I was joking, but I did not see a joke, "you never know whats going on in this town" she laughed before heading off. I felt very confused, what was happening? This town is a strange one indeed.

I walked in further, and reached a row of "bars" as the sign said, I had a lot to learn about this new life. I looked around for a bit, before my eyes directed to a man walking out of one of the bars. My eyes widened and I brought my hand up to my mouth, it was unbelievable, how is he here? There was many questions drifting in and out of my mind, but it was him, it was Elijah.