What next? (2014)

He looked different, his hair was cut short and spiked up, he had also replaced his raagged clothing with a very smart outfit, a black jacked and a white shirt. I wanted to go up to him, but I was too shy, so I followed him. He walked through gates into a compound, with me swiftly behind, as he stopped, he shifted his head to the side, aware that he was being watched. I was hiding around the corner, my heart was racing and I had to take deep breaths. As I looked around the corner once more, he was gone, I started to worry. As I turned back to my original position, I was pinned up against the wall by my neck. There he was, face to face.

The anger in his eyes quickly faded as they widened to show is shock, his mouth opened as if he were about to say something, but no words were coming out. He gently let my neck go,I raised my hand to rub and attempt to get rid of the pain. Elijah let out a gasp as he raised his hand to caress my cheek, seeing if I were real. I closed my eyes and held his hand there for a minute, "Rose?" he managed to let one word out, I nodded, as a tear rolled down my cheek, synchronising with his. He then grabbed my waist and held me closer to him, I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and never intended to let go. He kissed the top of my head before resting it on my shoulder. "Elijah, what is the hold up, I need to talk" A familiar voice called from upstairs, and stopped when he was close enough to see me. "No, it can't be" he said, "Niklaus" I answered, "It is me, i'm back" i turned to Elijah and repeated "I'm back" we both smiled at eachother, before him reaching out to me and kissing me gently.

We all sat in the study, talking, Elijah started about how he shouldn't have let me burn, how he saw me die and didn't do anything. I put my hand on his shoulder and re assured him that I was here now and it was all that mattered. We all discussed why had their mother awakened me and we joked and laughed, it made me truly happy. I looked at Elijah, he was laughing, it made me fall even more for him, so I leant over and kissed him on the cheek. He put his arm around my waist and kissed me again. Halfway through we heard a cough, "Ah Hayley, glad you could join us" Niklaus said, me and Elijah seperated, giggling to ourselves. I turned around to see Hayley, "Rose?" she asked, "Hayley?" I replied, "wait wait, you two know eachother?" Elijah asked, "She helped me off the street this morning" I replied, I looked further into Hayley's eyes, there was something wrong, but I could not figure out what it was.

Later that night, I was given clothes, "modern clothes" as Elijah had described them, they were very uncomfortable, but I got used to them. I decided to walk around the compound and familiarise myself with it. I got near the study when I heard talking, between Elijah and Hayley:

"Elijah, I cannot ignore this feeling, and neither can you, we were meant to be together, I have tried to hide it but I can't, I crave you"

"Hayley, you see that girl over there, Rose, I have been waiting for her for around 1,000 years, she has been my first love and my only true love, yes I agree, there was something between us, but when I have the chance to be with her, I will take it, I am not going to lose her now" just at that moment I walked in, they both stared at me, I needed to speak my mind. "Elijah, if I am intruding in something between you and Hayley, I apologise, and I can leave if you want me to"

Elijah walked up to me and embraced me "Rose, there is nothing between us, I love you and only you, I am never going to let you go, ever!" he kissed my forehead as I watched Hayley storm out of the room.