My time has come

I rode in the car for a good couple of hours, bleary eyed, trying not to crash. A part of me was still hurt that Elijah would sleep with someone else, and another part was kind of happy that he actually cared enough to save me.

We hadn't talked about this whole thing much, it was just a bunch of dirty looks and depressing sighs. I regretted saying goodbye like that, through the letter, but I knew that if I would have confronted him, he would not let me go, I needed to do this.

After some time, I reached the compound, leaving the car at the front, so they can have it back. As soon as I got out, I ran. It was a dark night, no stars gleamed in the sky, it had an eerie feel. My feet moved fast, one in front of the other until I tripped over a metal pipe attached to the floor. I landed on my hands and knees, I immediately got up and checked for bleeding. Only a graze, not too much blood. I continued running.

I reached the church door. Carefully, I walked in, it seemed empty. I inspected the stone bed, where I first awoke. Dragging my fingers across it, I felt someone enter the room. "I knew you were going to come"
"Esther, have you been following me?"
"No, I just had a really strong feeling" she walked up the altar to face me. "I'm glad you've made this choice" she said. " well" I started " it was my purpose and if it is to save Elijah"
"Well shall we begin?" She asked, I closed my eyes and nodded my head. I was familiar with the spell so I knew what was going to happen.
She first prepared the dagger, by charming it with a spell that takes the power away, this dagger would immediately overwhelm my body, killing me.
She then sprinkled herbs around the bed, this prevented anybody from getting in and preventing the sacrifice, or anybody getting out. The spell was simple, simple preparation, simple words, simple outcome.

As soon as the spell was prepared and ready, Esther motioned towards the stone bed. Where I lived, I must die. It made sense. I sat down on the bet, legs stretched out, just waiting.

Suddenly, the doors opened and in rushed Elijah, "Rose, don't do this please" he tried to get past the circle but it acted as unbreakable glass, I jumped up and tried to get to him, all of my confidence disappeared and I was terrified. I shook my head "no no Esther stop" I cried, my voice raised into a scream. I looked down, stopped screaming and to find the charmed dagger through my heart. I felt the power drain from me, leaving an achey feeling all over my body. Everything went all blurry, my last full image was Elijah screaming and crying.