A big sacrifice to make

When I awoke, my cuts were gone. "Elijah fed you his blood, so you can get better" Klaus informed me. I huffed "I suppose he did that and then rode of into the distance with Hayley" Klaus smiled at me, " well he did get a telling off for that" he laughed. I gave him a dirty look before sitting up, "it's not funny, my heart has been stomped on" I replied. "Yes yes, I know" klaus said, " but we are more worried about the little event you had in the room last night "
"Well you're just as wise as I am, I have no idea what had gone on"
"Well I have found someone who might" Elijah shouted as he walked in with his mother, I could not make eye contact with Elijah, I was too hurt.
"Yes, I know what's wrong with you Rose, it's me"
" What" I asked "why?"
" I've tried to siphon your power, that's why you've been burning or it explain the whispering" I tilted my head , she wanted my power all along, that's why she brought me back to life. "Listen Rose, I have a favour to ask, well, I'm not going to take no for an answer really" she started " Elijah, klaus and the others, wherever they may be, are in danger"
"What?" I asked "how?"
"My sister, back from the other side, she seeks the end of the dark era I have created within my children, I need to do a ritual stated within my grimoire, to gain your power"
"Oh yes I recall, the one where you have to sacrifice me to then absorb my power? That was the reason why you brought me back"
"Rose, you were never supposed to live as long as this, to become attached, I was supposed to get you sooner"
"Mother I think you should leave" Elijah stated "Elijah, I will never stop trying to save you and this is the only way, she will come with me"
Before she grabbed my hand, Elijah hit her over the head and knocked her out. "Quickly, we only have a short time to get you out of here, grab your stuff and meet me outside" Elijah shouted
"I'm coming with you" Hayley protested, I couldn't argue, I wanted to stay breathing, so I needed to get out as fast as possible.

We got in the car and made our way out of New Orleans. "There is a cabin around an hour or two away, we can stay there for the night" Elijah stated, Hayley looked at him, and placed her hand on his as he was driving.
When we got to the cabin , Elijah tried to talk to me, but I got out of the car and walked straight to a room. For the night , I slept on the bed, Elijah and Hayley slept in the front room on chairs, to "keep watch" for anyone.

I lay up all night, thinking, I'm the key to the safety of the Mikaelsons, that was my purpose for life here. Elijah affections are now Hayley's and I do not have a reason to live. And so I started to write a letter;
Elijah,
As you are reading this, I would be on my way back to New Orleans, or maybe even in New Orleans. Do not try to go after me, there is no point. I have come to the conclusion that my life would be better spent protecting you rather than putting you in danger. I'm going back to help with the ritual, I'm going back to where I should be, back to the other side. I am sorry for this, and I do love you, but you are in love with another and it kills me to see you love someone else, I do love you with all my heart Elijah, goodbye xxx