Danger (1200 AD)

I woke in the morning to silence in the village, something was out of the ordinary, but I couldn't place my finger on what. I stepped outside into the midday air and admired the sun burning in the sky, normally there would be children playing and running around, but there was nothing. The village was empty, all of the people stayed inside their homes, I saw them glance out of their window from time to time. Eventually an old woman came from her home "excuse me" I shouted "would you tell me why everyone is inside?" the woman looked at me, surprised that I was brave enough to be outside, "You shouldn't be out here, something terrible was perforemed" she paused for a bit, staring blankly into the distance, I realised this and asked if she was okay, touching her shoulder, but when I made contact, I saw something shocking.

I saw Elijah, Kol, Rebakah, Niklaus and Finn, all of them knelt inside their home, they looked scared and confused, the same as I, what was happening? After some time, I saw Mikael enter with a pale, commanding them all to drink, the liquid left a crimson smear at the side of Elijah's mouth, the liquid was blood. "Your mother has spelt this blood, if you drink this, you will live an eternal life" Mikael stated. I realised what was happening, she did the spell, she was turning them into monsters. Once they had all drank from the bucket, including Mikael, he one by one impaled them with the sword he weilds everday. I screamed. I watched Elijah fall to the floor, Mikael's sword pierced his heart, he was dead. I was then pushed back into reality. Tears streamed down my face and I looked at the ground, " They came back to life, after their death, in the night they have drained the blood of five men, they have become vampires, stay inside and be safe" the woman explained. I ran inside and closed the door loudly, sliding down to the floor with my hand around my mouth to quieten the sobs and the screams I let out. I recalled the woman's words, I didn't acknowledge them at the beginning, but when I thought, they cannot walk in sunlight, if I wanted to talk to Elijah, I would have to find him at night.

The night fell, it didn't give the normal affect, it seemed creepier. The stars that once shined brightly were reduced to meer spots, overwhelmed by the darkness, the only light I had was the light of the crescent moon. I made my way out of the house and into the woods, I could not see anything, except from the sillouhetes of the trees. I picked up my pace, searching but I tripped and caught my ankle on a wandering thorn from the rose bush I helped bring back to life. It was too dark to check for blood, but if it was, I knew it would draw out Elijah. "You shouldn't have come here, i'm dangerous, i don't want to hurt you" the familiar voice soothed my nerves. "Elijah, you won't hurt me, i am sure of that" I walked towards him, feeling confident, and pressed my lips against his, he did not pull away, we stayed there for a while. When we seperated he spoke with worry yet joy in his voice "I wasn't expecting that, but Rose, you need to run, I have drained Tatia of her blood, and I wouldn't hesitate to do the same to you, I have no filter" I was taken aback by the pain in his voice, did he really kill Taita? As I was thinking to myself, I watched his eyes direct to my ankle, the wound I acquired when searching blind in the woods. "Elijah, no, stay with me" I pleaded, but I saw the colour drain from his eyes and him run towards me thirsting for blood.