Coma (Elijahs POV)

She collapsed in my arms. I shook her, I shook her again, no response. "Rose" I screamed reportedly, attempting to wake her. After realising she wasn't going to awaken, I shouted for Niklaus. As I wiped the blood away, Niklaus ran in and dropped by her side, trying to wake her. "We need a witch" he said, very seriously.

After cradling her in my arms, brother ran in with the young witch, Davina. "There she is, now help her" Niklaus demanded. Davina knelt down and pressed her index finger on Rose's temples. " I can't see, is there anything I need to know, anything" she shouted

"Sh-sh- she is the immortal witch" I exclaimed and I came to the realisation "she took the pills, the white pills"

"What pills?"

"They subdued her magic, I told her not to take them but I have a feeling she kept on them. They made her weak and she had mood swings, she said they stopped the pain" I exclaimed

She took her hands away. Tilting my head, I asked what had happened, what could she do, what could I do?

"I suggest you put her in bed and wait" she started "she's powerful, it blocks my magic out, those pills she took, slowly locks her away, into this coma, she needs to not take them, if she's off them, she'll eventually wake up.

++++++++++

For the next two years, I sat by her bed, everyday at 12.00pm. She never woke up to talk, but I spoke anyway. I told her about my day, what trouble Niklaus has gotten into, I laughed to her and at times I cried to her about how much I missed her, how much I wanted to hear her voice, feel her aura, feel her loving gaze upon me when I'm looking away. I missed how her eyes lit up when she spoke about something she loved.

Today, I walked into the room and started talking.
"Hey there, how're you feeling, I didn't do much today, I went to the gardens, you know, where we played chase? Ha of course you remember" I waited for a reply, or at least a move of a finger. Nothing. I bowed my head to put it on her chest, a single tear rolled down my cheek. "Oh gosh Rose, where have you gone, my life is nothing without you, I'd rather die than see a life without you"

"Well that's nice to hear" a weak voice spoke out, I looked up reluctantly to see her eyes blink, adjusting to the light. I grabbed her hand and knew, this was just the beginning of our own love story.