VII: SET-UP

3rd Person POV

"Sorry, but it's not the right time. I have to give this to Nayeon." Chaeyoung said then she showed Mina the box.

"Nayeon said she's meeting me here."

They both looked at each other, confused. Later on, they realized something...

"A set-up." They both said in chorus.

Chaeyoung opened the box and she literally saw nothing. She just closed her eyes in frustration.

"I'll get going then." Chaeyoung said, but Mina stopped her again.

"Please, Chaeyoung, talk to me." Chaeyoung looked at her.

"Okay." Chaeyoung said then they both sat on a table for two.

They ordered two Americanos and waited for it.

"Why?" Mina suddenly blurted out.

"What?"

"Why are you avoiding me all of a sudden? Did I do something wrong?"
Chaeyoung looked at her, thinking some excuses without telling her the truth.

"It's just..."

"I feel embarrassed on what I told you that night." Chaeyoung looked down.

"You shouldn't be, I already know from the first place that you were just drunk and you don't mean it." Mina smiled.

"O-oh. Okay." Chaeyoung faked a smile then looked down again.

"About Jackson..." Mina paused which made Chaeyoung to look at her.

"You can now stop your fake hitting on me since he's not bothering me anymore. I really appreciated how you helped me, thank you so much." Mina smiled.

"N-no problem, that's what friends do." Chaeyoung looked at her and smiled too.

Chaeyoung felt pain in her chest on what Mina said. She can feel her tears coming down, but good thing she stopped it just by looking down.

"Soooo, are you now going to talk to me like we used to?" Mina said which made Chaeyoung look at her and smile a bit more.

"Of course." Chaeyoung said and Mina smiled even more.

When their order finally came, Chaeyoung immediately grabbed her pocket.

"What are you doing?" Mina asked.

"Paying."

"Nah, my treat." Mina said then she hands her money to the waiter.

When the waiter left, they became awkwardly silent for a moment.

"Ummm... I guess I'll go home now." Chaeyoung stood up.

"Bye, Minari. Thank you for the treat." Chaeyoung said, Mina just smiled at her.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow." Mina said and they both smiled at each other.

As Chaeyoung got out of the coffee shop, tears started to stream down her face. She wiped it casually and made her way to her house.

Same with Minari, as Chaeyoung left, her tears started to stream too, knowing that Chaeyoung really have no feelings for her.

After a few minutes, Mina also decided to go home.

When Chae got home, she immediately chatted her hyung.

Chaeyoung: Yah, hyung.

Jeongyeon: Annyeong,
baby cub!