XIII: GIRLFRIEND?

Chaeyoung's POV

I'm now studying about the paperworks that Mr. Kang gave us. I've been studying here for almost two hours and yet, I'm still on the 2nd chapter. I can't focus on this one because I keep on thinking about Mina's secret. "Please"? How would I know her secret if I could only remember a word?!

"I can't do this." I groaned in frustration and closed the folder.

I was about to stand up, but then my phone rang.

"Oh. It's Somi." I said to myself when I saw her message pop up to my screen.

From: Somi-yaahhh :)

"hey mushroom! you busy?"

Aish. This kid.

To: Somi-yaahhh :)

"nope, not that much... i can't study. why?"

From: Somi-yaahhh :)

"let's have a dinner! i'm going back to states tomorrow. you in?"

To: Somi-yaahhh :)
"sure! i'm just gonna fix myself up :)"

From: Somi-yaahhh :)

"cool! let's just meet at ******* resto."

To: Somi-yaahhh :)

"okay. see you. :)"

I stood up, fixed myself and made my way to the restaurant that she said.

As I was riding the taxi, I can't help but smile when I remembered my private moment with Mina earlier. Her laugh and her smile can literally make my heart skip a beat. But I'm also feeling sad when we talked about what happened earlier. The way she smiled when she told me Yeji saved her, it just made my heart break. And when she opened her phone while we're talking then she smiled, I don't know... I feel jealous, I guess. Was it Yeji who texted her? Is she already falling in love with her? How I wish that I'm the one who saved her and the one who makes her smile just by a text. It's funny because the person who makes us happy is also the person who can hurt us.

"Chaeyoung!" Somi waved as she saw me entering the resto. I looked down, feeling embarrassed because she shouted at an almost quiet place.

"Yah, why did you shout? People are looking." I chuckled as I sat down in front of her.

"Aish. Don't mind them." Somi said I just laughed at her.

"Excuse me, ma'am. Can I take your orders?" The waiter gave us the menu as he came to our table. We ordered our foods and he immediately listed it down.

"Any updates?" Somi said as the waiter left our table.

"What do you mean?" I gave her a confused look.

"About Mina." Somi rolled her eyes.

"What updates exactly?" I literally don't get what she means.

"The confession. Have you already confessed to her?"

"No, of course not. I will never do that. Love is just all about hurting. Ready yourself, Somi." I grinned at her.

"It's not love if you're not hurting, stupid." I just shrugged at her.

"You don't want to confess to her, but you have the audacity to be jealous."

"Of course because I'm in love!"

"That's it! You're in love, you just don't want to confess to her so don't make 'being hurt' as an excuse when the truth is you're not just strong enough to confess." Somi said.