XV: A DATE... I GUESS

Chaeyoung's POV

"Chaeyoung, your passport is now ready. We'll be leaving after you finish from 11th grade." I stopped washing the dishes and looked at dad drinking his coffee with my passport in front of him.

"Dad, I told you already, I don't want-"

"You're going with us, whether you like it or not." Dad said, putting his coffee on the table.

"If you want to, then go!" I sighed in frustration.

"And what? I'll leave you here all alone? I'm not leaving a minor-"

"I'm living here in this house, all alone, since I was in 8th grade. I can live all by myself."

"Yeah, well, that's because I'm still here in Korea. If I'm leaving without you, you have no parents left here in this country... and that's not a good idea." I grinned on what dad said.

"Ever since I moved here, when you met Hyerim, I already told myself that both my parents left me." I looked at him, straight to his eyes.

"You never even checked on me..."

"Chaeyoung, stop, that's not true."

"... it's like you've already forgot that you still have your daughter from your ex-wife..."

"That's not true."

"... and now you're disturbing me and forcing me to come with you to US because that Hyerim's children are there?!" I shouted stopping myself from crying.

"That is not true!" I got startled when he slammed the table.

I just grinned at him and wiped my tears. Fuck it. Why am I even crying?

"Chaeyoung, honey, I'm so-"

"Go away!" I shouted as he came near me.

"I'm so sorry." He looked down.

"Get out, dad. I still have my class later." I turned my back at him, trying to hide my tears.

"I'm so sorry, I really am." He said then I heard some footsteps fading.

As I heard the door close, I burst out crying. Why does he even bother taking me there? He can just leave without me. Why? Keeping his image clean for that Hyerim's children and father, I guess. Pfffttt. Why is he even my father? Out of all people in the world, why him?

[...]

"Good morning, baby c- hey, are you okay? Your eyes are swollen." I got startled as hyung sat beside me.

"Yeah, just tired."

"I can see that you're not just tired and you're not okay. You have a problem, right? Mind spilling it to me?" I smiled at hyung. She's one of the best person I know, she's always there when you needed someone to lean on.

"Why are you so good at guessing?" I chuckled a bit.

"I guess... human nature? So, what's the problem?" She leaned on her desk.

"I'd love to tell it to you, but not right now... it's not the right time." I gave her a light smile.

"Okay then, I'll wait for the right time. Just always remember that we're here for you... always. We're family, right?"

"Yes." I smiled, stopping myself from crying.

It's funny tho, I have my mom and dad, but I can't feel like they are really existing.

"And you know what, cheer up! 3 months left and we're having our school break." I just smiled at her.

If only you knew, hyung. If only you knew.