XVI: CITY LIGHTS

3rd Person's POV

"We're here." Chaeyoung smiled as they arrived at the rooftop.

"Wow... the view here is so... beautiful." Mina looked at the city in front of her, full of admiration in her eyes.

"How can you go up here?" Mina asked, still looking at the view in front of her.

"Well, this arcade is owned my childhood best friend's dad so I can go up here everytime I want to." Chaeyoung smiled.

Yep, the arcade is owned by Somi's dad.

"Wow. He or she must be rich." Mina said leaning on the balcony.

"Yeah." Chaeyoung chuckled, also leaning on the balcony.

They became comfortably silent for a moment, treasuring every seconds they have with each other. Meanwhile, Chaeyoung can't stop thinking that a few months later, this will never happen... again for a long time. She'll never see her friends frequently for a very long time.

"What am I thinking? It's not like I'm dying lmao." Chaeyoung thought to herself.

Chaeyoung looked at Mina who's still looking at the city lights, like she's in love with it. Chaeyoung can't help, but smile seeing Mina like that.

"That look, that's how I look at you." Chaeyoung thought to herself.

"You really love what you're seeing, don't you?" Chaeyoung asked, still looking at Mina.

"Yeah, I'm whipped." Mina said, still looking at the city lights. Chaeyoung chuckled a bit.

"Well, same." Chaeyoung thought to herself.

"What about you? Do you love what you're seeing right now?" Mina asked, not removing her gaze on what's in front of her.

Mina still kept on looking at the city lights, enjoying what she sees. Same as Chaeyoung, she's also still looking at Mina.

"I do, I love it." Chaeyoung smiled then looked away before Mina could see her looking at her.

They became silent for a moment, comfortably silent.

"Should we go home now?" Mina finally looked away on the city lights and laid her eyes on Chaeyoung.

"You tired already?" Chaeyoung looked at her.

"Not that much, but we still have classes tomorrow and I have a test so I have to study." Mina said then Chaeyoung stood straight.

"You have a test? Why'd you invite me to go out with you, then?" Chaeyoung asked then a few moments later, she realized what she just said.

"I-I mean-"

"Well, you're kinda problematic so I wanna make your mood brighter." Mina laughed at her.

"Oh." Chaeyoung looked away, face getting tinted red.

"Th-then, let's go home."

"Let's go."

The both of them went downstairs, went out of the arcade and started walking.

"Should we ride a taxi or something? I mean, you still have to study and it's already-"

"It's okay, let's just walk." Mina smiled at her.

And then the two of them became silent, again.

"Yah. By the way, I heard something earlier." Chaeyoung broke the silence.

"What is it?" Mina looked at her.

"You know Dong-goo, right?" Chaeyoung looked at Mina.

"Yeah. That 12th grader who's also in dance club. Why?" Mina gave her a confused look.