Chapter Seventeen: Pests

"Chapter Seventeen: I Have Seven Equally Handsome Pests,"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"We need to run, 

we need to step on others 

when the signal is hot,"

-Paradise, BTS

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

You sat down on the sand, watching the waves crash while the sun rose behind it. You fiddled with the sand as grains fell right through your fingertips.

After three hours of running and hiding from plain sight, you manage to catch the sunrise while putting the potion on yourself and on your things. You hitched a ride to get to the bay quicker by hanging below the cars that would pass by. You almost got caught by a driver but fortunately escaped by grabbing onto another car. 

You opened a bottle, putting some of the light blue goo on the tip of your nose, pasting some on your eyelids, mouth, and ears. You poured more and rubbed them on your hands and on your feet. You dumped the rest of the goo on your bag, not caring if it got inside. You strapped off the holsters on your arms and ankles, placing them inside your bag. You tied your shoes tightly so that even with harsh currents, it won't fall off your foot. You unhooked one end of your bag and wrapping it beside your belt, ensuring the safety of your possessions.

You looked up, admiring the sun for the last time before walking to the waters. You stopped walking when it reached your mouth before fully diving and weaving through the soft currents. You held your breath, completely forgetting about the potion you took. You reach the floor of the sea, looking up seeing all different kinds of fish and marine creatures. You gaped at how beautiful every area of the deep waters. 

Your eyes widen when you saw the bubbles that rose from your mouth. You panicked as you felt your chest tighten, swimming to the surface. You stopped halfway, looking down before feeling your eyebrows twitch. You finally breathe, your lungs filling with nothing but air. 

I really am dumb sometimes. You massaged your temples, trying to relive the useless panic that overcame you. You walked past some corals, tripping at a crab. You floated by, doing a flip before swimming. You got lost at the sensation of floating. You could still feel the water pushing you every time a wave would pass by above you but the chance of breathing in water, gives it a different sensation, especially not having any gear.

Even if you don't show it, you were enjoying every bit of your journey, feeling like you were on the moon. You hitched a ride by a passing shark, grabbing its fin. You placed each leg on each side of the shark, riding it like a horse. You grinned as the shark didn't seem to mind your lack of thought about personal bubbles.

After hours of riding the shark, when the shark turned right, your eyes caught the enormous castle with a color scheme of black and gray, standing out from the light colors the sea held. You pecked the shark on the fin as a goodbye before floating off. You hid behind a rock, peeping on the castle. You saw that no guards were placed on the entrance of the castle. You grabbed your mask, heavy from the water it sucked in, and put it on. Your hair floated beside you as you watched sharks pull a carriage, whining when something whipped them.