Chapter Twenty-Five: Human

"Chapter Twenty-Five: What's A Human?"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

" Your voice when you say my name, 

I wanna be locked in you and swim in you, 

I want to know you more,"

-Just One Day, BTS

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The tension was high as all eyes were set on you, with your sudden appearance out of nowhere. They didn't even get a whiff of any scent other than the royals and the overlooker. 

You looked away from the royal, to set eyes with the man in front of you. A black-dyed-haired man, with yellow eyes, grinned at you with his fangs passing a bit past his lip. 

"Come on, Nyxie-chan~" He whined as he continued to struggle in not letting the dagger slip his hands. You didn't give him a glance as you flicked your other hand, slipping a dagger down and directed it to his stomach.

Fortunately for him, he managed to catch your hand, just barely, with the tip of the dagger piercing through his vest. The dagger beside his face was getting closer to slipping past his hands, making him grunt deeply as a sweat slip down his temple, his grin bigger.

"Your highness, would you mind if you move a bit away from the dagger? I mean it's alright if you want to stay there but she might get past me-"

"Alright, I get it," Kyung Soo told him, getting away from the dagger, his eyes going back to its pastel color and veins disappearing when Jun Myeon placed a hand on his shoulder. He continued to glare at Jimin, who scratched his head nervously as he listened to the scolding of the oldest.

"Both of you, stand down," Asaki ordered, making you flicker your wrists and the man's hands to drop to his side. He heaved a breath, as he wiped off the blood dripping down his cheek. You simply got down the table, patting your coat down like you just got dust in it and the man followed you shortly. Asaki sighed as he didn't see this possibility of destroying the peace in the meeting.

"I guess we could conclude today's meeting is now done and we are going to continue with our discussion tomorrow," Asaki announced out loud before looking at you and the man beside you.

"Since they have come out now, I'll call out the rest,"  Asaki said before snapping his fingers before suddenly three more people stood beside you. 

"Your Highnesses, These are the personal guards assigned to each one of you." He walked to stand beside your group, in front of the royals. The wolves eyed you knowingly, even their guards did and the elves glared at you, simply because you almost killed their brother.

"Good evening, Your Highnesses. I'm more known as Karma. I'll be the personal guard of the Kings of the African Empire," The man who held your dagger, stepped forward, bowing with a hand on his chest, showing his respect to the royals. Knowing Karma for almost all your training years, you know that he's a cheetah shifter, which explains his lean and thin body. The gloves he uses are gloves made out of the skin of a sea dragon he killed a while back. His gloves can't be penetrated, even tougher than the scale of a dragon. He is also a famous hunter, almost as good as you are so he usually gets more missions than you do because he's cheaper.