Chapter 5

Y/n's POV

After I flipped Flash off, in my parental vision I saw Peter and his friends walking towards me. I was actually kinda excited I mean who wouldn't want a cute boy and his friends to sit next to them.

"Hey, y/n. Mind if we join you?" Peter asked when he approached me. I looked up from my drawing holding back my smile.

"Go ahead." I found myself say. The three sat down across from me. It was silent for a few seconds.

"I'm MJ and this is Ned." The girl with the book said and pointed toward the guy sitting next to her.

"Y/n."

"We've heard. I like your attitude." MJ said. I gave her a confused look, I didn't know what she was talking about. "I mean you flipping off Flash."

"Oh. Well he was annoying me." I said and continued to work.

"What are you drawing?" Peter asked. His voice was so sweet it almost hypnotized me.

"Um..." I stuttered. I couldn't tell him what I was actually drawing it could reveal my secret. "I'm...drawing...a...superhero?" I said though it came out more like a question then a statement.

"That's so cool. What kind of superhero? What powers do they have? Or is it one of the avengers?" Ned asked excitedly. I chuckled a little.

"Um...it's more of like a suit that I created for...Scarlet Witch. You know if black and white were her style." I explained. I mean technically it was a suit, just not for her.

"Can we see?" MJ asked.

"It's not done and it kinda looks stupid..." I trailed making the last few words like a whisper.

"I'm sure it's not. But maybe you can show it to us when you feel it's best?" Peter asked.

"Sure." I said.

Peter's POV

A second or two after y/n answered me I got a text.

Mr. Fury~
I need you to come down here after school, understood?

"Why does Mr. Fury need me after school?" I thought. I didn't think about it much so I texted back:

Me~
Okay.

"Who was that?" Ned asked me while whispering.

"Nick Fury. He wants to see me after school." I whispered back.

"Really. About what? About Spider-Man stuff?" Ned whispered.

"Dude, don't say the 's' word while people are around." I whispered back paranoid someone over heard us.

"What are you two talking about?" MJ asked us.

"Umm...physics..." I started.

"Class!" Ned finished. MJ didn't buy it, but she left the subject and started talking to y/n.

Y/n's POV

After Peter got off his phone MJ noticed the boys whispering among themselves. "I wonder what their talking about." I thought. "Wait, I can know. But should I? I mean that would be a total invasion of their privacy and I just met them. But they would never know, right? No, no, no, no." I shut down my thoughts. Just because I can doesn't mean I should. It's time like these I wish I couldn't read people's minds.

"What are you two talking about?" MJ blankly asked. The boys stared for a second coming up with an answer.

"Umm...physics..." Peter started.

"Class!" Ned finished. I didn't buy it and neither did MJ but we let it go and continued to talk.

Before lunch ended they gave me their numbers and I gave them mine. You know to mark our new friendship. We all then went to our separate classes and went through the rest of the school day. When the final bell of the day rang I waited outside for Fury to show up. After about 5 minutes he arrived.

When I got in the car...

"How was the first day?" Fury asked.

"As much as to be expected. Although I didn't think I'd make 3 new friends and flip someone off...so good." I replied.

"You flipped someone off?" Gigi asked from the armrest she was sitting on.

"Yeah well he was being a jackass." I said.

"Is that supposed to make it better?" Fury asked.

"No. But it makes more sense for me to have a reason rather than not. Right?" I asked. Fury just gave me a look that said he was annoyed. So we didn't talk for the rest of the drive. A few moments later we arrived at an abandoned warehouse.

"Fury? What are we doing here?" I asked.

"There's someone I want you to meet." Fury said. "And here. Gigi told me to bring you this."

"Thanks." I said and I placed the device behind my ear and pressed the button. Once I pressed the button a mask covered the top half of my face, it traveled down the sides and down to my chin.

We got out the car and walked towards to front doors.

"What's that for?" Fury asked.

"None of your business," I said and walked inside. He led me to a room in the farthest back of the warehouse and we waited. "What are we waiting for."

Not long after Spider-Man dropped from the ceiling. "Him."

"Hey, you wanted to see me Mr. Fury?" The boy said without removing his mask.

"Yes, I want you to meet Hybrid and Gigi." Fury said gesturing to me and Gigi.

I gave Fury a look. "Does he know?" I wondered.

"Hybrid I'm sure you know who Spider-Man is, right?" Fury asked, of course he already knew the answer. Without saying anything else he pushed a button on the wall and the floor shot down into a basement.

"I hate it when you do that." I said. The spider was still a little shocked by the sudden movement but was taken from his trance and put into a new one.

"Woah. This is so cool." He said.

"Please, I've built better." I said and looked at all the out dated technology and items.

"You've built an underground lab before?" The Spider asked.

"Hybrid has made our labs since she was 4." Fury answered.

"Wow." The Spider said in amazement.

"Hey Spider-Man, do you mind if I call you Spider? You know since I don't know your real name and Spider-Man is too long." I asked.

"Sure?" He said but it came out as more of a question.