15

"Do you think this dress is too slutty or just slutty enough" Vic asked Alex through her ipad, "I think it's just slutty enough to be considered classy in your social circle" she responded. It was a Saturday night and she had been invited to a big birthday bash for her friend Mads Mikkelsen. She had met Mads years ago on one of her very first projects and they had made a very fast friendship. He was incredibly fun and so eccentrically funny. It was his birthday tomorrow and he was shooting a movie here in London and the cast of his current movie was throwing him a birthday party at a London club. He had called her earlier in the week and begged for her to come and save him. "Please, I will be surrounded by youth and that scares me, will you be my buffer?" she had laughed at his request but accepted. So now here she was trying to pick an appropriate outfit for the night. She had decided on a sexy little black dress and to let her hair down, she had recently chopped it all off into a long a line bob but she was pleasantly happy with it. She paired her outfit with black heels and stood in front of her iPad showing her sister again. "Yeah you look hot sis" Alex said giving her a thumbs up."Thanks sis I love you talk to you later." She ended the call and grabbed her clutch.

Mads, classy as always had requested to pick her up as she exited her building she spotted him waiting. After a short greeting and a kiss on the cheek he opened the door for her. After joining her in the car they were on their way. "You look beautiful as always" he said kissing her knuckles softly, "Mads, your such a flatterer, you look great too. You ready to turn another year older? You really do not look your age my friend" he smiled "You are kind Victoria, but yes even in my old age I do feel happy and thankful for another year." she laughed "You are definitely not old Mads" he chuckled "Well it may not be my age but life does make one feel old and tired" he said a bit sadly. "You OK Mads? " she said turning to face him more clearly. He smiled "I am getting divorced darling, life sometimes has a way of giving you change" She sighed "Oh Mads, I am so sorry" he held her hand "Thank you sweet girl, it is nice to know that I still have you as a friend, and that I can count on you to accompany to things like this" she smiled at him. I will always be your friend Mads, always"

Mads had been there for her through a very treacherous night, back when she was still trying to get clean after a very toxic relationship with a musician. He sat with her many nights making sure she would not use and always checking in on her. Mads cared for her, he saw her talent and did not want her light to go out. Ever since they were close friends and she would always come to him when he asked.

They arrived at the club and there were not very many people outside so they were able to get in without being seen by the press. Inside was a different story,the place was full. Most were people from the movie he was working on, others were random celebrities that were local and were invited. It should not have been a huge shock to her when she rounded a corner and came face to face with Henry. It was however a huge shock to Henry to see her with Mads arm around her waist. Mads was a friend, a close friend, someone that would protect her and keep her safe even from herself, but he was handsy, which Vic didn't really mind because he was crazy attractive. They had never done more than flirt as he was a married man and she respected that. "Victoria" Henry said looking her up and down then looking at Mads. "Mads, happy birthday mate" he said extending his hand out to him. "Thank you Henry, I assume you know Vic? She was kind enough to be my date for the night" Mads watched them carefully and noticed the tension. "You look lovely" Henry said to her coldy. "Thanks" she said awkwardly. They stood in awkward silence until Mads excused them and headed to their table with the rest of his group. When they had settled and introductions were made Mads leaned into Victoria and whispered into her ear "What was that about?" she took a shot and slammed it down "Its a long story that I will tell you, but I am going to need a lot more of these" she said holding up the shot glass. Mads nodded and motioned for more drinks.