5

Her time away with her sisters was exactly what she needed. Landing back in London with is dreary weather made her sigh. She had taken a break from contact with Henry and kept things light. She was headed straight to her flat for rest before her duties began. She arrived to darkness dropping her things on the counter and sinking herself to the floor. The words her sister had said to her circled in her mind. She was not sure if she could even fathom letting Henry go, this relationship had been her only constant for the last two years but what Ana had said to her rested heavy on her mind. Was she being unfair to Hank, did he deserve more? Could she give him what he wanted? She wanted to be a mother that was not the issue, her issue was her personality disorder. Though there was not enough research the thought of passing this genetically terrified her. Not just that but because hormones fuel the mania and depression in her personality disorder it would be years of mental torture for her, her child and Henry to handle. Even if she were to stabilize it was unlikely that she would ever be a low-maintenance partner or friend. She picked her things up and turned on lights, her cell phone had died before she even made it back so she plugged it in next to her bed and proceeded to shower. It was close to nine and she was exhausted. The travel from London to New York then to Vegas then back to London was grueling and she was starting to regret it. That and the incredible amount she drank in Vegas. She smiled thinking back at the time with her sisters they were her rock and she knew that when all else failed her, they never would. She walked out of the bathroom to her phone lit up and multiple notices. She had calls, texts and emails. Some from her sisters making sure she arrived on time others were work emails upcoming meetings and various request for her to read scripts. But an overwhelming amount of them were from Henry. Another ding indicated another incoming text. 'Are you back?' she sighed but didn't open it, instead she responded to her sisters and turned her phone off. There was nothing that couldn't wait until tomorrow.

She had 10 days before work would begin on her new film, they would start with casting and then move on from there things would move quickly after casting because the production company had moved up the date of release so things would go fast. The next morning she woke and went for a run to clear her body of all the alcohol and food she ate in Vegas. She took her time wanting time to breathe and think. Eventually the cold won out and she headed back to her flat. She walked in to the sound of her phone going off. She picked it up and looked at the caller ID, it was Henry. She sighed no time like the present "hello?" She said breathless and cold "How was Vegas?" She closed her eyes, she had hoped and prayed that he had not seen the live streams but she was sure he had. "It was fine" She could hear the tension even over the phone "you didn't call last night, I got worried" the tone was softer but still tense she sighed softly "sorry, my phone died last night and I was exhausted" partial truth except the fact that she was trying to avoid this conversation. "And this morning?" He scoffed "Hank, I went for a run and I literally just woke up an hour ago and I just walked through the door" she was losing her cool, she took a deep breath and held on to the counter for stability. He sighed "I have a present for you, come over." There was a beep indicating the call had ended not even giving her an opportunity to object. A present? In all their time together they had agreed to presents on birthdays and holidays but throughout the years they had broken the rule over and over again. Her room at home was filled with things he had given her, books, art, curious things that he had picked up that reminded him of her or that he thought she would like.

She stopped making her tea and instead grabbed her keys and jacket. She could walk to his place but it was too cold so she would use the only means of transportation she had here in Europe, her bike, a Kawasaki ninja 125 flat black. Knowing that she would be here through the year it was the only possession she purchased in Europe, but also her favorite. The ride was short and soon she was putting in her code for the gate. Henry heard her and opened the garage for her to park her bike inside. He was standing in the doorway of the garage door as she removed her helmet. "You finally brought it over." He said running his hands over it. He was a bike guy for sure and he was her advisor for her purchase. "Yeah well it's to cold to walk" she said handing him her helmet knowing he would find a place for it. "It's too cold for a ride too darling, but you like the cold." He smiled and she scoffed. "Yeah well, you said present so I thought I'd hurry" he smiled. He was in his sweat pants and tee barefoot and gorgeous as always. "Yes well come on, but first" he had a black silk tie in his hand "what? No Hank really not some fifty shades of grey BS, if you want kink that's fine but not this" she whined and he smacked her ass as the pout appeared on her face. He stood behind her and put the tie over her eyes over her protest "I don't need a tie to give you kink princess, the tie is to ensure you don't see the present until I say" she rolled her eyes even though he couldn't see it he knew she had. "Whatever Hank" "OK let me guide you" he said trying to navigate her but giving up because she didn't know her left from right and was directionally challenged and picked her up bridal style instead. A few seconds later she felt her feet on the ground again and Henry position her in the direction he wanted. "OK I'm taking off the tie" he said "OK but there better be something new here, because if it's just you in a Speedo I'm leaving" he waited for her to finish chuckled and took of the blindfold.