Chapter 1

Scarlet looked out over the cliff, the waves crashing against the rocks. "Scarlet," Her father called from the back door of their home. She looked over her shoulder at him. His once black hair was grey and silver. One of his eyes covered by a patch, a consequence for being a pirate many years ago. Black Smoke, the world's greatest pirate in the world with a bounty of forty billion  jewels. Her mother was a waitress in a tavern who was the only one who had ever stood up to him. It was love when she tried to punch him for his vulgarity. When she became pregnant he retired from the pirate life. Five boys, and one girl. Their sons grew to become pirates, but for Scarlet it was only ever a dream. No one would dare take a woman on to their ship. It was seen as bad luck. 

That didn't stop Scarlet from dreaming of sailing the seas like her brothers. Her brothers have always mocked her, telling her she needed to change her dreams to becoming a house wife. Every year her brothers meet at the Island of Outlaws where they gather to brag about how high their bounties have raised. The first to surpass their father's bounty would be deemed the best pirate in the family. Her brothers were feared around the world. The simple mention of their crews were enough to make a man piss himself. Although they were impressive, they have yet to make it to pirate royalty. That was Scarlet's dream. She was determined to sail one day, and become the first Queen to ever enter the Pirate Royals. 

"Yeah," She called out. "Marines were seen in the waters not far from our docks on the North side. Tyron says he saw the Shadow Pirates not far from here on the South side. It may get messy," Her father told her. "Sounds like fun," She said with a smile. He chuckled, that spark in his eyes. He was the only one who believed her when she told him she would become Queen one day. "Be careful if you stick your nose in it," He told her. She smiled as she went inside, "Yes sir." Her mother was by the stairs, Scarlet's leather hat in her hands. It had been her father's when he had sailed. She removed the atrocious feather he had sticking out of it. "The winds on the seas tell me a new chapter for pirates is about to begin," Her mother told her. "I sure hope so," Scarlet said as she put the hat on. 

Lux laid on the railing of his ship, his hat covering his face, one leg hung over the side, swinging lazily. "Yo, Captain," his trusted first mate, Dio, called out. Lux lifted the hat slightly, "Yeah." "We are about to dock on Tenshi Island," He told him. Lux sat up and stretched before putting his hat on, "Finally." Lux looked up at their Jolly Roger that had their Shadow Pirates symbol on it. It was a skull that was solid white on the right side, but as your eyes moved to the left side of it, you see that the skull has faded to nothing but a shadow. Their crew was small, but deadly. 

"I'm starving," Brian declared as he came to the deck. He was their shipwright, in charge of repairing the ship in case they're ever in a canon fight. "Aren't you always," Pince asked him with a sigh. Pince was their cook, and one hell of a sharpshooter. "I wouldn't be so hungry if you had cooked us breakfast this morning," Brian told him. "Again, if we weren't low on supplies, then I would have, but your fat ass ate everything we had," Pince snapped. 

"Would both of you shut up," Muris snapped from where he had been napping on the floor of the deck. Muris was the muscle in the crew. Able to carry treasure chests filled to the brim with jewels with ease. "Shut it, you useless drunk," Brian and Pince snapped in unison. "Now, now," Lux said as he stood, "I don't believe in having useless crew members. If he was useless, he wouldn't be here." Muris smirked while Brian and Pince rolled their eyes. 

"If you ladies are done arguing, then go secure the ship to the dock," Dio told them. "We meet back here at sundown, then sail out at first light tomorrow," Lux told them. "Don't cause any troubles unless you have too." "Aye Captain," they yelled out in unison. 

Lux walked through the streets on Tenshi Island. It's a small island, but it was filled with great resources. They were used to pirates and knew better than to rat to the Marines. After all, the pride of Tenshi Island were the sons of Black Smoke. He went into a tavern where many were hanging around. Lux noticed the wall of wanted posters and went over to it. At the top were framed posters of the Fatal Five. The Fatal Five were what the world knew the Bri brothers as. They were fearsome captains, in charge of incredible pirate crews.