Chapter 5

Scarlet smiled at the stop watch. Brian has under water for over an hour, not once coming up for breath. They were in the middle of the sea, healed from their injuries, showing off their abilities. "The dumbass didn't drown himself did he," Pince asked as he looked over the railing. "Look closer," she told him. So he did. It was hard to see, but every now and then you could see something passing at a fast pace. Pince's eyes widened a little, as he realized that it was Brian. Brian then surfaced, a large net filled with fish, "I could've stayed in longer, but I ran out of room in the net." Muris reached over and pulled the net up, a glorious amount of fish in the net. "So much quicker than a fishing pole," Brian said as he got back on the ship. "What else can you do," Dio asked him. 

Brian went over to his shorts, having stripped down to his boxers before jumping in. He pulled out a smoke pellet and threw it on the ground. He then sucked the smoke in through his gills before blowing it over the railing of the ship through his mouth. "I threw a poison smoke pellet and it did the same thing. Being able to swim and hold my breath like that will come in handy when doing repairs on the ship and we aren't able to properly dock," He told them. "Who's next," Lux asked. "I'll go next. Scarlet, mind assisting with your swords," Muris asked her. She drew her swords, "You break them, and you owe me new ones." "Yes ma'am," he said with a nod. She attacked him and he had an armor appear, her swords gliding right off with a loud ring. "Let me try," Pince said, grabbing his rifle. He fired a direct shot to his chest and it bounced off like a bug. Muris made his skin go back to normal as Lux nodded. 

"I'll go next," Scarlet said while removing her jacket. Large white feathered wings appeared. One flap and she shot twenty feet into the air. He arched back wards, doing a loop. As she did, she changed her wings to that of the dragon fly style ones she had seen the beast use, and her speed increased, causing a parting in the water as she flew over it. She shot back up into the air, wings turning to steel. She wrapped her wings around herself, causing her to fall. Pince shot at her wings, but the bullet flew off. She unfurled her wings, and flew straight before spinning like a drill, her blades piercing fish in the water. She changed the wings back to her feathered ones and landed back on the ship. She made her wings disappear. 

"Woah," Brian said with a whisper as Muris nodded. "My turn," Dio said smiling. He dropped over the side of the ship, and as soon as he landed, it turned to solid ice. He made a large wall of ice appear, then various sharp spikes. He then encased himself completely in ice, like armor. He got back on to the ship, letting the ice completely melt away. "Your turn Pince," Dio said. Pince smirked and his body turned into black mist. He darted about the ship, entirely silent. He then went to the crows nest where a gun waited and he made only his hand solid as he picked it up. He then completely solidified, "Your turn Captain." Lux removed his shirt, deep red scales appearing all over his body, his eyes turning to that of a snake. His vision changed to heat vision. He turned from the ship, to the railing and sucked in a deep breath, before blowing out a hot stream of fire. He then lifted up his hands as claws grew. He then went back to looking like his normal self. 

"Let's set sail for the closest converter then on to the Forbidden Lands," Lux ordered. Everyone set out to set sail. "Think you can give us a good wind," Dio asked Brian. He shrugged and sucked air in through his gills before he blew out a large blast of hair that propelled the ship with a jerk. Lux let out a laugh, "Now that's how you set sail."  Scarlet smiled as she put a hand on her head, keeping her hat from flying off. 

It took them two days to get to the next island. They made their first stop at the treasure converter. "What is a woman doing here," a man with tattoos covering his arms asked when he saw Scarlet come in with Lux and the rest of the crew. "This is our latest member, Scarlet Bri. She also goes by Sword Dancer," Lux introduced. "I heard you Shadow Pirates were insane, but to actually let a woman join your crew," the man said with a shake of his head before trading out their treasure for money they could spend properly.