Chapter 10

Scarlet grabbed the bag Lance prepared for her. Each one of them had a bag to help them with the random weather changes the island was known for. There was also an easy to use med kit. Lux looked over to the Rodeo Bulls camp and saw their crew had already set out. "Be careful out there," he told his crew. "Do you think we should have someone stay behind and watch the ship," Dio asked him. Lux shook his head, "Lance set up traps around the ship in case they get the idea to come aboard." After that, they all set out. 

Lux and Scarlet walked through the dense forest, both using swords to cut a path. Suddenly thunder clashed above us and rain began to pour on them. Scarlet was happy to have left her hat at the ship, knowing it would have only gotten in the way depending how the weather affected it. She gathered up her hair and put it up. Lux looked her over, at how the water trailed down her exposed stomach, and the tops of her breath. He swallowed and continued forward, cutting through the woods. He gave a silent sigh of relief when the rain stopped and the sun came out. He prayed the weather continued to be on his side. 

Lance followed after Muris and Brian, looking this way and that, keeping an eye out for any monsters and Rodeo Bulls. "It's okay," Brian told him. "We've got an iron shield with us." "It's not our defense I'm worried about," Lance told him. "It's being out numbered. The Rodeo Bulls have a lot of crew members that they can divide into larger groups than we can." "He has a point," Muris said as he sliced through some of the foliage. "We don't have Scarlet here to disarm them in less than a minute." "The Poison Doctor can knock them all unconscious," Brian said confidently. "If we come across a giant beast, I won't be able to knock that one out, just maybe give it a stomach ache," Lance told him. "Why is that," Brian asked him. "Because of it's lung capacity," Muris answered. "It will still mostly be able to breathe in clean air, diluting the toxic gas Lance can create." "Plus we are still new to our abilities, it's gonna take time for us to make them stronger and hone them to perfection and have them evolve, becoming stronger," Lance told him. "Maybe one day I can do it, but for now it's pointless." 

"Wait our abilities will be able to change and evolve as they become stronger," Brian asked curiously. Lance nodded, "Yeah. Take Scarlet's dad, Black Smoke for example. When he first got his ability, he was only able to make a small smoke screen, but now he can cover an entire island in his black smoke. He can also make his enemies see illusions in the smoke that look incredibly life like." "How do you see Muris' ability evolving," Brian asked him out of curiousity. "Well given that he can cover his outer body in armor, he may one day be able to do it to his inner organs to protect them as well," Lance said. "But a lot of factors go in to evolving our abilities. Training religiously, and the amount of time we've had our abilities are the biggest of those factors." "I wonder how my abilities will evolve," Brian said curiously as he thought of the large number of possibilities. 

His thoughts were then cut short when he felt something gooey fall on to his head as a shadow fell over him and Lance. They looked up and saw a large monster with orange scales, emerald colored sharp teeth, and red eyes. Brian and Lance let out pathetic screams and began to run, past Muris who was confused for only a second as he looked behind him. "Shit," he said as he began to run after the other two. The monster roared and began to chase after them. "Wait, why are we running," Brian said as he continued to run. "We went against worse on Demonic Beasts Island." "Shut up and keep running," Muris told him. "That's larger than any of those beasts." "I'm all for running," Lance said as he gave a quick glance over his shoulder at the monster that was chasing them. His eyes widened as he saw the monster's chest expand, "Hit the deck!" All three dove for the ground just as it released a fiery breath.  They got to their feet just as the monster was nearly on top of them. "What do we do now," Brian asked as they all slowly backed away from it. 

"I'm all up for suggestions," Muris said. "Turn tail and run again," Lance whimpered out suggestively. Suddenly another monster came and tackled the other monster, begin a fight between the two. "Sounds perfect," Brian and Muris said in unison before the three of them began running again.