Chapter 12

Jennie saw that Lisa was sleeping peacefully in the car after she arrived home. Her boss's house definitely cost a bomb. Though she lived alone, the place looked big enough to accommodate an entire family tree. Maybe even more.

It was a modern landed property with a garage that could fit more than five cars. There was also a glass enclosed swimming pool on the second level of her house that stretched out to the beach. No wonder it took Jennie so long to reach here, her house was located at the coast.

She watched Lisa over the drivers seat and found herself staring at her boss. Her mind floated back to the night before where they almost kissed and tried shaking it off, hoping Lisa wouldn't talk about it.

Though she did regret not kissing her, Jennie didn't want to cause any problems with Kai, who she obviously at the moment, was having multiple doubts about.

The brunette let Lisa sleep in the car for awhile, until her phone rang and she saw that her mom was calling.

"Mom-" Jennie fumbled with her phone as she whispered in fluster, not wanting to wake her boss up.

[Jennie! Where are you? Why didn't you come home last night?!]

Susan screamed and Jennie's ear almost burst. Though Jennie was already an adult, the reason why her mom could never stop being protective over her was because she got lost in a shopping mall when she was a child and ever since, Jennie understood why and never blamed her for being fussy over her whereabouts.

"Mom, I'll explain to you later. Please not now, I'll be home soon I promise."

[You better, Jennie.]

"I promise, Mom. I'm sorry, I'll see you later." Jennie winced when her mom hung up without even saying bye.

Jennie heard as Lisa shifted in her sleep once she placed her phone back into her bag.

"You're up?"

Lisa let out a soft grumble and Jennie giggled when she saw her drool.

"I'm going to bring you upstairs to rest okay? But you need to be awake to unlock your door." Jennie said, moving out of the car to the passenger seat and holding Lisa as she stumbled out of the door.

Her boss is such a baby sometimes, she's being dramatic even when she's sick. Jennie chuckled.

She wandered around Lisa's house before finally managing to find her bedroom on the second floor. She laid Lisa in her bed and took a moment to observe the interior of her house. She loves it. She liked how neat everything was in place. For a person living by herself, this took so much responsibility and was impressive for a busy woman like her.

"I'll get you some water and medicine okay? Don't go anywhere." Jennie warned, heading for the kitchen.

She said that because she was afraid Lisa might roll off the bed or maybe something even worst— roll out the window seeing how crazy Lisa's personality can get.

They've learnt a lot about each other the past months and Jennie couldn't be happier that her boss was someone like Lisa.

When she came back, Lisa was already sleeping peacefully in her bed so Jennie just placed the cup of water on the desk and gave her boss one last glance before leaving the house quietly.

She felt bad to leave Lisa but for today she had to go home or else she's not sure what her mom would do to her. Abandon her? Disown her? Or ground her? She wouldn't be able to predict, since she's never spent a night outside of her house in her entire life before.

When Jennie left Lisa's house, she was reminded of the moment Lisa brought her to the Ferris wheel to cheer her up. Not going to lie that warmed her heart and made her feel a whole lot better. But shrugging off the thought, she ran to the nearest roadside to hail a cab home.