Chapter 31

When Jennie's parents entered the ward, Jennie started explaining everything that she hasn't told them with Lisa sitting beside her. From the part of how she met Lisa and how she got hired till the part where she lost feelings for Kai a month later. It went on to how she and Lisa spent almost every hour of the day with each other from work to meals and going on simple dates until she caught feelings. Of course she didn't go through with the detailed details but she was sure to mention everything that had led to the breaking off of her engagement. Especially the part where Kai came back, and the argument happened.

She talked about how everything just enveloped with Lisa and how she's now dating her which made Susan internally squeal. And surprisingly, her parents were not taking it badly.

Jennie didn't know what conquered her mind that made her not stutter a single bit while explaining the entire situation. And when it came to the part where she said Kai was the one behind the closing down of their store, Jennie thought her parents would flare up at her but Susan just started bad mouthing about Kai to Richard's face, saying how uneducated that was of him to do. And how childish it was to get revenge.

Susan slapped Jennie by the shoulder after finding out she cheated on Kai because no one likes cheaters. Well, the brunette expected worst, like getting thrown out of the house or something but if it was a harmless slap, she would take it.

Richard has been shaking his head the entire time. He wasn't the kind to show much of his emotions to things and so shaking his head was already considered being very disappointed at his daughter.

Lisa on the other hand just stayed quiet and apologised repeatedly until Jennie intertwined their hands and raised it up for her parents to get a good look at.

"I'm sorry, mom and dad. But don't blame Lisa for this please. I was the one who let all of this happen so I-"

"Honey, no one's blaming anyone." Susan reminded with a sarcastic smile but she meant it. "Stop looking all sorry and sappy dear, Lisa too."

"Yeah, since it's already happened we should just move on from here." Richard reinforced. He looked over to see Lisa pressing her lips together with a complete look of regret and grief drawn on her face.

"Lisa." He called out.

Hearing her name, the girl snapped out of her state and faced Jennie's dad, sitting upright to correct her posture.

"Y-yes ahjussi." Lisa gulped.

"One question, and that's it." He said with firmness in his voice, it almost scared Lisa. Jennie watched her dad's expression and tightened her grip on their hands, afraid for what her dad would ask.

"Do you love my daughter?"

Lisa blinked, slowly turning to look at Jennie.

"Yes I do, I really do." She replied, trying to crease a smile as her eyes met Jennie's. "With everything that I have." Sincerity was all that they could feel from the way she said it.

Jennie beamed uncontrollably as she looked down at the floor in shyness. Maybe this confession was better with Lisa after all. It didn't feel so bad with her around, and it definitely went better than expected.

"Good. Now don't ever unlove her." Richard warned, only nodding when Lisa gave a sign of promise.

"Oh my god, since this is happening can I say it?" Susan chipped inwith thrill in her tone. "Richard can I just say it?"

"I don't even know what you-"

"I've always wanted the two if you to get together ever since you brought Lisa to our store, honey!" Susan replied enthusiastically, and Richard slapped his face in embarrassment as he listened.