Along the Rails

"Watch out dear, there is a step here." Said the distinctive voice of Rain's mother. Rain's dad held her eyes shut for the surprise of their new house. Rain was super anxious and really excited.

"Okay, you can open your eyes now." Said Rain's mom as her dad released Rain's eyes.

As Rain opened her eyes, the view was the most beautiful view that she could have ever seen in her entire life. Scanning her eyes from left to right, the Valley below with their bright lights shining with a whitewash of mist in the air as the sun was touching the mountains on the other side. Rain watched as the sun was setting the mountains on fire with orange highlights. The Valley was framed with mountains on every side. Cliffs and endless mountains that surrounded the Valley with the fresh scent of flowers and summer dew fresh air meeting her smile. It was the most perfect view in the whole entire world.

Rain turned around as she was standing at the edge of the cliff that viewed the whole Carniment Valley. Her house stood at the mouth of the Valley, which looked beyond the sunrise. Her house was huge, with 3 stories high. It was coated with a white paint and a brown roof. The patch of fresh green grass was laid in the yard with flowers blooming on the boarders of the white fence. Trees of green popped out of the garden here and there and decorated the place with purple fallen petals of the flowers that bloomed. But there across the field past the house, was the railway lane. It laid stretched across from the golden straws that thistle in the wind. You could hear the distance of the rails thundering of the old train that would carry passengers up and down. Not too far down the mountains was the train station. It was absolutely beautiful.

 It was absolutely beautiful

"I don't know what to say." Rain exclaimed in total glee and endless happiness. "It's so beautiful." Said Rain twirling around and around viewing the gorges view that laid just on the ground that she was standing in. "And we get to live here? All our lives? Thank you so much mom and dad! You guys are absolutely the best!" Said Rain hugging her parents. The chill of the breeze that swept through the valley made her hug ever so much warmer.

Tears streamed down her mom's eyes. "This is where I grew up." Said her mom. "Carniment Valley, this hillside...it was where I always lived." She looked around with a smile. The tears that streamed down her face was tears of good memories and love. "Then I met your dad." She turned to Rain's father with a comforting hug. "Love changes your life Rain." She looked towards Rain with a smile. Rain admired her newly parents so much, it seemed as if they would be together forever.

"It sure does mom." Rain replied. "Because, I love you." She bowed her head with a smile. "And it changed me."

They stood at the hillside watching the towns people rushing down below. This was their new life, the life between the Valley and Rails.

That night Rain laid on her new carved bed that was delivered earlier that day. Tomorrow she would go down to the Valley and meet the people there. As she laid on her bed and pulled the blanket to her chin, she heard a distinctive sound of paper being rattled. She moved again, and she heard it once more.