A Speaking Heart

To be honest, it was harder than what the world could see. Yes, she was trying really hard to leave God in control, but never the less, it was killing her.

It was the fact that she couldn't' see him...she couldn't know what he was doing, she couldn't help him do the things he was doing. She wanted to feel like he needed her just as much as she needed him.

It was like two people being split up with a clear glass window. She could see him even though he wasn't with her, she could hear him even though he wasn't with her. And more that, she could feel him even though it seemed as if they were worlds apart. How was it possible to love between a thin glass. And though he wasn't there, it felt so much like he was keeping her warm, holding her hands and keeping her safe and shielded from the storms that came their way.

Days would have seemed like years without talking to him and the nights when she would talk to him would feel like seconds. She missed him with all her heart, and though 2 weeks was short, it seemed like years.

Rain couldn't' sleep the night before they were going to meet again. Oh how she would feel her heart beating so fast that it felt like her chest was going to explode. It seemed like years that they were apart.

Rain got up and looked outside at the misty window. It was raining and it was surely cold. Rain walked downstairs and noticed that the living room fire was still burning. She walked into the living room finding Nanny Jane on her rocking chair fast asleep with an old shawl and her knitting thread on her lap. Rain walked slowly into the room. Nanny Jane seemed to be so lonely.

The fire crackled and the room was silent and warm. The wind hustled outside blowing the autumn leaves away. Rain didn't want to leave Nanny Jane to the fact that she looked so lonely. Rain walked around the living room looking at the pictures of Nanny Jane when she was young. Her husband looked a lot like Bradley. There was one picture of her husband on their marriage. The picture was in black and white, but his eyes...his eyes was the eyes of Bradley's.

Rain picked up the photo and gazed her fingers around it. It looked like a very special photo...and Nanny Jane, she looked beautiful.

Rain heard Nanny Jane waking up slowly as she walked close to her and pulled the blanket to her chin. "I must have fallen asleep." Said Nanny Jane waking up slowly. Rain smiled generously at Nanny Jane.

"Let me help you to your room." Said Rain holding the blanket.

"Thank you darling." Said Nanny Jane. She looked at the living room and noticed the picture was misplaced. She smiled at Rain. "That was my husband." She whispered. Rain's eyes enlarged and she bent lower to hear Nanny Jane again.

"Pardon?" Rain asked. Nanny Jane pointed to the picture.

"That picture you took a look at, that's me and my husband when I was only 24 years old." She looked down. Rain somehow was a little interested in Nanny Jane's life when she was younger.

"Did you always love him?" She asked. Nanny Jane walked towards the photo and picked it up.

"He was like my brother, and my sister, he was like a...a friend." Nanny Jane said. Rain lifted her eyebrow.

"Like a sister?" She asked slowly.

"Yes, he didn't mind doing girl things for me. He was always there for me like a friend and he was always so caring like a brother. I've known love by so many people...but the love I found with him was like everything that I could ever feel love, was with him." Said Nanny Jane. "I had to wait though. He had to go to they army and serve them for years before we could married. I haven't seen him for at least 10 years...it was the hardest battle for me." Said Nanny Jane.