The Runway (Impersonating Bradley Niemann)

"Wait, wait, wait, wait...wait." Rain looked up at me. It seemed as if she was in deep thought after I told her my name. "You're Bradley Niemann?" She looked down in disbelief.

"Yes, my name is Bradley Niemann." I proudly admitted. "Is there something wrong about it?" I asked.

Okay, meeting Rain was a total accident, but I could see that she was desperate to leave Willemsville, so I was obliged to help her. It wasn't intentional, and it definitely wasn't because of her blue eyes. But I did mention it to myself that I would like to be her friend.

"No." She looked down. "There's nothing wrong with it, it's just...it's you...Bradley Niemann." She said once more. I was a little confused.

Yet again, this girl ever since I met her was confusing me. She was different and a kind of girl no words would describe. You couldn't read her mind, she was not open and I guess what made her different was the fact that she didn't crowd around me like most of the girls at the university.

I stood still and just looked from one side of my eyes to the next. "Why are you so surprised?" I asked a little confused.

"It's just, back at home when I got grounded or locked up in my room, I would listen to Bertusberg University radio and I would always think to myself, how lucky must this Bradley Niemann be? To fly and to be free?" Rain said shaking her head. That sentence in itself was probably the most words she has said to me the whole time.

I wouldn't normally like someone to know me because I was famous at University, but she was an exception, simply because it seemed like she was excited about it and she seemed more open to speak.

The second thought that came to my mind was...I wouldn't have expected that a girl like her would get grounded or locked up in her room. So that kind of made me know, that there was some other side of her that she was not showing...and knowing myself, I wouldn't stop, until I saw it.

I smiled downward and shook my head, "Yeah well, being free isn't just about flying a plane Rain, being free is about taking to the sky, not physically, but spiritually." I told her. I could tell that she admired my words of wisdom, I guess I was proud of myself too.

"But if you're Bradley Niemann, don't you have the show at Bertusberg? Before I left Willemsville I heard the radio say that almost 3 thirds of the whole university were going to spectate." She pointed out. I was surprised she paid so much attention to the University Radio.

"That is correct, that is why I am going to Bertusberg now." I answered.

"I don't get it, if you live in Bertusberg, and you spoke over the radio 2 days ago at the university, what are you doing in Willemsville?" She asked. I grid my teeth and looked at the corner of my eyes.

"I like travelling Rain, my uncle is a pilot. I traveled with him as a student to Bertusberg." I told her. She nodded her head and took out a magazine from the pouch.

"Don't you ever get tired of travelling?" She asked.

"No, to be honest, actually I don't. I was destined to fly, you know, be free, above the clouds, above the storms that lay below...the sky is where I belong." I told her. My words were with passion, because I enjoyed flying with my whole heart.

"How must it be like to travel? I mean to so many places, never being home?" She asked.

I had the sense that she knew quite little about reality for some reason. "Yeah, pretty much." I replied. "But each one has a destiny, and this is mine." I told her.

"But how would you know it's your destiny? Because destiny is something that no one can predict." She pointed out.

"Well." I replied to her. Only then did I start to think what to say back to her. I paused slightly and held a finger up to state a correction, but I was left blank. "Ah." I stood back and nodded. "That is a conspicuous point." I looked at her with a smile. "I guess I don't know my destiny, but, I know that this is what I want." I told her.