Mystery Beyond the Water

"God, I am sorry it took me so long. But I am ready now to start new. If it is your will, please forgive me for all the wrong things I have done." Rain paused and tears started streaming down on her face. "T—thank you." She sniffed. "For taking my parents away. I don't know where they are, but I pray that you still hold them in your hands. God, I am scared to go on, but I want to trust you. Thank you for giving me Bradley, because without him I wouldn't have been alive." Rain said and opened her eyes. "I want to be adopted, I want to be your child. Please take me in and be my true father that won't leave me." Rain prayed, "In Jesus name I pray amen." Rain sniffed with tears streaming down her eyes. It was like she was admitted everything to herself and letting go of everything she used to hold on to.

Bradley decided to pray with her to motivate her. "God." He whispered. "Thank you for answering my prayers. I pray that she will walk with you and see what it means to be your soldier. I pray that she will heal from her scars and find a new life in your will. In Jesus name I pray amen." He said holding her hands.

Tears streamed down her cheeks and she opened her eyes once more. She didn't feel so much different, but it made her relieved to know that know she is finally adopted again.

Her eyes was red in tears as Bradley wiped them away and smiled. "I am so proud of you Rain. Now you can start all new." He winked. Rain sniffed and nodded with a smile.

"Thank you." She finally said. "Thank you for everything Bradley."

"It's my pleasure Rain, I will always be here for you." He winked. Rain stood up and looked at the sky that suddenly clouded over with clouds of thunders and lightning.

"We wont be able to fly back in the storm." Bradley announced looking up.

"I can stay here as long as I need." Rain replied and let the rain wash over her. Bradley stood in shelter under a huge palm tree and watched as Rain was dancing in the rain. The rain made her feel free for some reason. But not long afterwards, Bradley got up and walked to Rain.

"Come on." He giggled. "You're gonna get sick." He said pulling her arm.

"I won't." She giggled in return.

"You say that now and then a few days later you'll be in bed with a cold." Bradley warned. "Come now, you feel cold." Bradley felt her arm.

Rain rolled her eyes and sat there with Bradley under the palm leaves. There was a pause of silence as they sat there watching the rain.

"Do you have brothers or sisters?" Bradley asked slowly breaking the silence.

"I don't know." She answered directly. "All I know about my childhood is that I was found in a suitcase. Nothing more has been said to me. I only realized I was an orphan when I was 9. I always thought that our care taker was my mom, but I'd be ashamed if she was." Rain shook her head and looked down. "No mother should treat her daughter like what the care taker did."

Bradley's eyes sunk in pity. "I'm sorry for that." Bradley answered. "When did you get adopted though?" Bradley asked another queuestion. He was sure curious about everything.

"About a week after you saw Miss Goudy take me back to Willemsville." Answered Rain. Bradley was indeed very surprised.

"What? So you mean when you met me, you were still an orphan?" He asked.

"Yeah, that was when I ran away from the foster home...I couldn't bear Miss Goudy's punishments I guess." Rain shrugged her shoulders.

"Ohhhh." Bradley smiled at her. "That makes sense though. Now everything is making sense." He giggled. "I've been trying to solve that mystery for a long time."