The Bow and Arrow (Impersonating Bradley Niemann)

"Rain?" I said walking into the plane.

"Don't hold back." She said to me with a wink. Her blue eyes reflected the perfect blue sky and her wavy hair framed her face to perfection.

I climbed into the plane and I sat down in the cockpit pilot seat. My nerves was on the edge as I drove on the runway. I started picking up speed as I was just about to take off.

Yet, something was wrong! I could feel my chest almost bursting from all the throbbing of my heart beat as I felt the plane not lifting up. Crashing was my biggest fear as I saw lake Winston approaching faster than what I could comprehend. I looked forward at the runway and entered a panic mode, I pressed all the buttons I could to stop the plane but the brakes failed on me. I could count the meters that laid between me and the lake. There was absolutely no way I would make it.

*Screaming* "BANG!!!"

I jumped out of my bed. I was sweating and really hot. My heart was racing to the reality of my nightmare. I breathed heavy as I sat up trying to recall what just happened. It was just a dream, but it was haunting me.

I looked around my dark room and switched on the lamp. I got up and went to the bathroom to wash my face. I looked into the mirror and wiped the towel over my face. I combed my wet hair back neatly. It was 4:00 A.M in the morning. I could hear the train at the station not far from where I lived.

I was to a fact really relieved that it was a dream, but it haunted me to the fact of the reality it could have been. I sat back restlessly on my bed. I didn't want to sleep, I didn't feel like it and it felt like something was wrong.

I just laid there and thought for a long time. I couldn't help but wonder. Crashing was my worst fear, and Rain was there and Rain...she is...gone! She promised that if I flew she would stay, then who was this creepy lady that took her away? Was it her mom? Where did she go and why was she hiding?

But as the morning past, I tried to think on anything else, but it kept pounding back at the back of my head until I reached the university lockers.

"Brush it off." Jackson said to me as he shut the locker door closed. He told me this over a thousand times and at a time it made me so delusional that I tried to brush it off. But it has only been a week now and it just came rushing back.

"I can't Jacks, I tried." I told him and shook my head. "There's no way I can. She is gone...but where? Jacks I need to find her if it's the last thing I do." I told him.

"Why so eager? You would never chase after a girl, what makes her so different?" Jackson asked me. I cringed my fists. I felt a little frustrated. Also to the fact that I don't even know why I cared so much.

"Because she is out there Jacks and she needs help. You know how I am...I will never turn down even an enemy that needs help. And she is a friend to me...I can't just forget about

"Wow." He said afterwards. "I've never heard you speak about anyone like that." He said to me. "Tell you what Brad." He said patting my shoulder. "After lectures, I promise I will help look." He said to me. I was pleased for this was troubling me and I couldn't get it out of my head.

What stained my heart was when she got taken away, the lady said that she saw her with me on TV, that's how she found Rain. I hated fame from that moment on. It was something I couldn't comprehend. I didn't want to be on TV, I didn't want interviews and I didn't even want to be in public. There was something wrong, and I was to find it out.

After lectures I went home. I dropped the bag on the kitchen table and stared outside toward the gardens. I could see Rain sitting there on the green grass. I could see myself there trying to comfort her from crying. That thought kept my mind busy too. It was the strangest thing. All this time, I thought that she was puzzle that needed to be found out and fitted together, but something deep down was telling me that she was afraid to open up and trust people.