chapter 5: on the way to embers island

aang's POV

once we all got on appa i said yip yip and then we were off. i saw sokka fall asleep and suki braiding and toph doing her blind jokes, i looked over to see katara and zuko laughing and having fun. i'm so confused i know that they are friends now i'm just worried that they are getting well really close. i turned around and looked at appa. 

a few hours later

after a while i turned around to see katara asleep on.......... ZUKO'S SHOULDER!!!!!!!!! what on earth happened. "hey sokka can you fly appa for a bit i need to get some sleep?" 

'no problem aang" i gave sokka the reins and sat down next to toph and zuko. i saw that toph was being toph, then i saw zuko putting a blanket on katara. i nearly lost it, but i didn't. 

zuko's POV

i watched as katara was sleeping on my shoulder, i smiled and put a blanket on her to keep her warm i could feel aang watching me like a hawk, then i saw suki asleep and toph as well, sokka was flying appa. as soon as i saw aang asleep i fell asleep with katara on my shoulder. 

she and i didn't get any sleep at all, because we were having too much fun on your date. 

i started to dream about katara and me.  

i think that i might really like or love katara i never felt this way with mai. i love the way katara looks at me and smiles at me. i'm just worried about what aang will do when he finds out about me and her. 

sokka's POV

i do think that zuko will look after katara and i like them together a lot better than if aang and katara where together. i'm not mad that they are dating i would be if he breaks her heart.

i look over my shoulder to see zuko put a blanket on katara to keep are warm while she sleeps, aang looks pissed, both suki and toph are asleep.

a few minutes later

"hey zuko are you wake?" i asked him.

"yea i'm wake now." he said looking at me. i told him

"if you break her heart i will end you we don't need another jet"

"i understand anyway what happened with jet?" i do need to tell him.

"ok, and lied to all of us and he almost killed innocent and he did other stuff and that broke her heart and she wasn't happy for 2 weeks. just don't bring up the name jet." i told him. we did see jet in ba sing se, we saw him leave with his group of to somewhere.

after we talked for a bit i saw aang waking up so i asked "hey aang how was our sleep?"

"it was an ok sleep." he said while holding momo. "hey how long have you to been up for?"

"only a couple of minutes. we were talking about boy stuff and stuff." i needed to say that so that he wouldn't ask. before we left and aang went into town and we all agreed to not let aang find out about zutara (zuko and katara) and yes i gave then a couple ship name. 

a few moments later

everyone is wake and aang is dealing with appa and in to corner in my eye i see zuko and katara blushing and chatting with one another. good thing aang couldn't see. 

a few days later

finally we are here at embers island all we need to do now is to find zuko's family beach house.