chapter 6: the play and the truth

katara's POV

we all followed zuko to his old holiday house and once we got they, it was so beautiful. i wish that toph could see it. we all went inside and looked around every one was amazed. aang found the little training area. toph found the mud room. and sokka and suki found the kitchen. 

all we did for a bit was explore. after suki and sokka went into town, while toph and i watched aang and zuko practise firebending. 

"isn't it weird hiding in the fire lords house." toph said.

"i told you he hasn't been here ever since your family was actually happy and that was a long time ago." after zuko finished practising with aang. we all sat down and started to chat.

i wanted to kiss zuko but i couldn't because for toph and aang.

them both suki and sokka ran in and announced "there's a play about us"

"that's impossible" i said.

it took sokka a while to convince us to go to the play. 

we walked in and payed for your tickets. we found an empty booth and we took it. 

all of us took your sits and i whispered to zuko "we should have sat where suki and sokka are sitting." and he nodded.

the play began.

when the second part started to play zuko and i stole sokka's and suki's spot.

"you snooze it you loose it" we told them. 

as we continued watching that play. we all were getting mad. 

once the second break happened i went to go look for aang.

i talked to him and he was really upset. he asked me if i liked him and i answered with i just confused. but i wasn't confused i wanted zuko not aang. but before i could say anything else aang kissed me. i ran off and ran to zuko.

i told him what happened and he just hugged me and kissed me. i kissed him back.

"hey zuko......." aang said

shit.

"katara how could you" he said

"i'm sorry aang but i like zuko and he likes me." i told aang.

"when did this happen?" aang said.

"when we were at the village where i pretended to be the painted lady" after i said that aang stormed of.

once we came back to finish the play. we all hated it. 

once it finished we all agreed that it wasn't a good play.

we all head back to the house and before we all entered aang stopped us all and announced "just to let you all know zuko and katara are dating"

what how could he.

everyone gasped and stared.

"finally!" sokka burst out. and hugged us.

we told them how it happened and they were all happy except for aang. 

the truth was finally out in the open and zuko and i can kiss in front of them now. 

it feels good for the truth to be out in the open. 

i just hope that aang finds someone that isn't me. i hope that he will learn to forget and move on to someone else.