chapter 13: the "dad talk"

katara's POV

as soon as sokka said that we both knew that he was gonna do the dad talk.

we all ran out of the room and into the one with everyone in it.

"if your looking for hakoda he just went onto the balcony to see if you guys are they" toph said while sitting on the table. 

zuko took my hand and we both walked to the balcony. 

but before we went outside we looked at each other and nodded then we continued to walk onto the balcony.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hakoda's POV

while i was waiting on the balcony i was looking out at the city. it was so beautiful i wish that my beautiful wife kya was hear. 

i miss her so much.

katara and sokka lost her at a young age and i can never forgive my self for what happened to her. and i have never blame katara for what had happened to her. 

i then started to think about everything my kya did for her family. 

then after a while turned around to see katara and zuko hand in hand walking over to me.

"ummmm..... dad did you want to talk to us?" my daughter said with a smile.

"yeah....... is there something going on with you two?" i questioned.

"yes" they both said looking down still hand in hand.

"when did this start?" i asked them both.

"maybe a few months ago, i think?" fire lord zuko said.

"tell me how it happened?" i said to them.

i listened to this their story and i was happy that katara has found someone to care and look after her. 

but i am going to have to talk to him in private.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zuko's POV

after we told him how we happened, i could tell that he was thinking.

"ok katara you can leave...... but you zuko i want to talk to you in private" hakoda said.

oh shit 

i looked at katara with the help me look but she and smiled while leaving.

"katara......" i said worried.

"don't worry you'll be fine. oh and dad don't kill him please" kat said while leaving.

i watch as she left me with her father.

so after a while of silence hakoda broke it, "so fire lord zuko.............."

before he could finish i stepped in "you can call me zuko"

"ok zuko how do you feel about my daughter?" eh asked.

oh so this is the dad talk.

"well i love her very much and i really care about her." i said smiling.

"well i can tell that you really love and care about her because you did take a lighting bolt to your chest to save her" hakoda said.

"yeah i did do that" i chuckled.

so far this chat is not that bad.

"yeah you did. and one more thing if you dare hurt her or break her heart you will have to deal with the angry me, and you don't want that do you?" hakoda said in a very serious voice.

"that is the last thing that i would want to do" i said being very serious. 

he just nodded and left so i did the same.

man note to self do not get on this guys bad side.